Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: So far...  (Read 72675 times)

December 27, 2012, 12:03:00 PMReply #40

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: So far...
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2012, 12:03:00 PM »
One weekend I might.  I'm still trying to get used to the keyboard shortcuts right now.  I want to at least give it a good fight before I take on people that have probably played significantly more than I have, and are all younger and can remember things better than I most likely.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

December 27, 2012, 12:38:02 PMReply #41

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2012, 12:38:02 PM »
Enceladus and I wanna do a few community games before we release Ascendancy on Rebellion, and then definitely afterwards on the mod itself.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

December 27, 2012, 08:44:35 PMReply #42

Offline JC123

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2012, 08:44:35 PM »
Multiplayer should be much easier to pull off with this mod than ICW.  I'm very much looking forward to that.

I agree with miller on the slow progression and income.  It seems as though I just build and research for a few hours and then spend a half hour actually fighting.  However, all that time spent defending my small claim makes the final conquests all the sweeter.

I almost forgot:  no FREEZE places this way ahead of EAW.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 08:46:17 PM by JC123 »
Did you see that?  Know what that cost?  $58,000.  I mean, what a waste.  It wasn't even funny.  That's $58,000 that could have gone to curing leukemia.  Or.  muscular dystrophy.  Or... what does Michael J. Fox have?  That.  Alright, let's watch some damn cartoons.

December 27, 2012, 10:28:44 PMReply #43

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2012, 10:28:44 PM »
Well, I've almost never frozen on any SMALLER GC in ICW as anyone but the PA.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

December 27, 2012, 11:33:55 PMReply #44

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2012, 11:33:55 PM »
I freeze with the PA in AoW and EoW as the PA everytime I kill Palps in era 3
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

December 28, 2012, 12:18:21 PMReply #45

Offline Lavo

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2012, 12:18:21 PM »
I've been trying out Sins of a Galactic Empire...I'm slightly less than impressed with it so far.  I spent all this time to build an allegiance SSD, and as soon as it was built "WE'VE LOST OUR TITAN" and shows a display that a "dark fleet" arrived at my planet.  So...you put in the ability to build SSD's but you can't actually build SSD's.  Stupid...
That was put in as, unfortunately, the base game's limitations on Titans are horrendous. The ability should work fine, either with the hotfix or the new version that should pop up when moddb pops back up.

The more I play, the more I like Requiem and the less I like SOAGE.  Just a poorly done mod overall.  Hopefully the next version will be a bit more complete, but has just tons of issues.
Have you got feedback? I love feedback. Lay your criticism on me, good man! Supercaps in SoGE are, in a sense, the game's super weapons; they allow you to break through enemy fortress worlds with nice speed. If you sent a single Executor to a world, most of the time you can sit back and watch it lay down carnage on the poor AI planet it hits. Also, the latest release increases the ship speed options (Fast/Faster) so you don't have to wait 5 minutes for ships to transverse a grav well, among other things.

December 28, 2012, 09:57:09 PMReply #46

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2012, 09:57:09 PM »
My feedback is that there is enough that was wrong that I removed the mod from my pc and haven't missed it for a single moment.  I know there was supposed to be a new version that fixed a lot of stuff this week, but haven't looked to see if they released it yet, I assume they have from your comments.

I plan on trying the mod again with the next version, it seemed like it had potential, but just too many small things added up to a less than pleasing game in the one that was out (don't know what version it is).  The most obvious was that I couldn't build a Titan.  I like the fact that they have the cap ship set to 999.  I think the default max 16 is rather pathetic since the titan takes 2 of those slots.  That means on a large map with 4 or 5 players, you're inevitably going to have to leave some opening undefended since you simply DON'T have enough capital ship capacity to defend everything.  So I'm hoping it gets better so that I can continue to enjoy it until such time as Ascendency is ready (I have faith in this team that it'll be the best SW mod for Rebellion after seeing what they accomplished with FOC).

December 29, 2012, 04:09:59 PMReply #47

Offline Kalo

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +31/-23
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2012, 04:09:59 PM »
Multiplayer should be much easier to pull off with this mod than ICW.  I'm very much looking forward to that.

I agree with miller on the slow progression and income.  It seems as though I just build and research for a few hours and then spend a half hour actually fighting.  However, all that time spent defending my small claim makes the final conquests all the sweeter.

I almost forgot:  no FREEZE places this way ahead of EAW.

You'll be happy to know that me and other developers play MP quite frequently. Infact, me and Slevered and Jinzor and a few other randoms are locked in a major clash that has yet to be decided. Also, the only thing that you really have to worry about in multiplayer is the amount of planets because it can lag, but it's mostly random.

That was put in as, unfortunately, the base game's limitations on Titans are horrendous. The ability should work fine, either with the hotfix or the new version that should pop up when moddb pops back up.
Have you got feedback? I love feedback. Lay your criticism on me, good man! Supercaps in SoGE are, in a sense, the game's super weapons; they allow you to break through enemy fortress worlds with nice speed. If you sent a single Executor to a world, most of the time you can sit back and watch it lay down carnage on the poor AI planet it hits. Also, the latest release increases the ship speed options (Fast/Faster) so you don't have to wait 5 minutes for ships to transverse a grav well, among other things.

People will always remember your mod for its terrible versions sadly. IE : ICW 1.0 in all of its awful glory.

Codeuser says:
STUPID JFK

December 29, 2012, 10:14:24 PMReply #48

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2012, 10:14:24 PM »
You'll be happy to know that me and other developers play MP quite frequently. Infact, me and Slevered and Jinzor and a few other randoms are locked in a major clash that has yet to be decided. Also, the only thing that you really have to worry about in multiplayer is the amount of planets because it can lag, but it's mostly random.

Just to clarify, he's talking about Rebellion here, not Ascendancy. Don't want to accidentally give a false impression about how far along the mod is. However Sins is much easier tyo develop multiplayer for than EaW stuff, and one of the main points of the mod is that we want to play it together so multiplayer is definitely a focus.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

December 29, 2012, 10:41:11 PMReply #49

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +16/-5
  • My Eclipse has nothing to do with Force Unleashed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2012, 10:41:11 PM »
Would be fun to beat Corey and the rest of TR team in their own mod hahahah XD
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\"Yes, the destruction of Alderaan was regrettable, but so was the destruction of the Death Stars. Are the deaths of millions of Alderaanians?who conspired to overthrow the government?more tragic than the deaths of millions of Imperial soldiers who laid down their lives to defend our way of life? I think not.\"―Antinnis Tremayne

December 29, 2012, 11:11:25 PMReply #50

Offline Lavo

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2012, 11:11:25 PM »
My feedback is that there is enough that was wrong that I removed the mod from my pc and haven't missed it for a single moment.  I know there was supposed to be a new version that fixed a lot of stuff this week, but haven't looked to see if they released it yet, I assume they have from your comments.
I'm basically the head dev for SoGE. You say it was so bad that you uninstalled it, but that doesn't help in fixing whatever ailed you, or in giving you tips in how to adjust for certain scenarios.

The most obvious was that I couldn't build a Titan.
That's wrong. You can build Titans, they are just spawned via ability rather than built as a regular ship. This is done purely due to Sins' own hardcodes, name: hardcap of 1 Titan per faction and said Titan's XP is retained after death once it is rebuilt.

People will always remember your mod for its terrible versions sadly. IE : ICW 1.0 in all of its awful glory.
Aye, that's always a pain. It's always amusing to get asked "Have you fixed/changed X yet" when that was done many months ago.

December 29, 2012, 11:28:39 PMReply #51

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2012, 11:28:39 PM »

That's wrong. You can build Titans, they are just spawned via ability rather than built as a regular ship. This is done purely due to Sins' own hardcodes, name: hardcap of 1 Titan per faction and said Titan's XP is retained after death once it is rebuilt.

You say it's wrong, but every time I tried to build one in the game, I got an immediate notification that "OUR TITAN HAS BEEN DESTROYED".  So, the difference between can't build one and it goes away as soon as I build one without ever being able to even click on it is simply a difference of semantics.  The point is, the current versions titan is borked.  I look forward to trying the new version, but you might have better luck if you don't tell someone that something isn't broken in a mod when it obviously is.  Part of the reason I enjoy working with Corey and his team is because they're more than willing to admit when something is broken and they're trying to fix it.

December 29, 2012, 11:32:15 PMReply #52

Offline JC123

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2012, 11:32:15 PM »
Would be fun to beat Corey and the rest of TR team in their own mod hahahah XD

Perhaps some of us should form a noob team to take on the dev team.  I would suggest setting up for a quick game otherwise I can see it lasting a long time :)
Did you see that?  Know what that cost?  $58,000.  I mean, what a waste.  It wasn't even funny.  That's $58,000 that could have gone to curing leukemia.  Or.  muscular dystrophy.  Or... what does Michael J. Fox have?  That.  Alright, let's watch some damn cartoons.

December 29, 2012, 11:59:55 PMReply #53

Offline Kalo

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2012, 11:59:55 PM »
Perhaps some of us should form a noob team to take on the dev team.  I would suggest setting up for a quick game otherwise I can see it lasting a long time :)

A foolish endeavor.

Codeuser says:
STUPID JFK

December 30, 2012, 12:08:57 AMReply #54

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2012, 12:08:57 AM »
perhaps
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

December 30, 2012, 12:27:24 AMReply #55

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2012, 12:27:24 AM »
A foolish endeavor.

Well it seems like if you and I are in a game we don't stay on the same team for longer than 5 minutes, and locked teams are for casuals. They'd probably win because we both take each other out.

December 30, 2012, 12:29:58 AMReply #56

Offline Kalo

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2012, 12:29:58 AM »
Well it seems like if you and I are in a game we don't stay on the same team for longer than 5 minutes, and locked teams are for casuals. They'd probably win because we both take each other out.

I'm sure we can come to an agreement.

Codeuser says:
STUPID JFK

December 30, 2012, 01:00:16 AMReply #57

Offline Evaders99

• Star Wars Rebellion Network Admin
  • Administrator
  • Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
    • View Profile
    • SW:Rebellion
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2012, 01:00:16 AM »
In defense of SOGE, Lavo is literally one man team. SOGE doesn't have the big team that TR does, thus it is not going to be polished up to the level that I expect a TR release would be.

In the choice between either longer releases or lacking polish, SOGE is obviously releasing more frequently and getting feedback. A lot of changes are a result of feedback from the beta testing.

Lavo has not been able to reproduce this titan bug, but has acknowledged this on Moddb and requesting more information
http://www.moddb.com/mods/sins-of-a-galactic-empire/page/3#comments
Regardless of this, if you have a save file of right before, or even right after (the former is preferred), you tried to build the titan, please upload it somewhere and send it to me. This way I can look into it, and see if it's truly an issue with the mod itself or not; there is always a possibility that I have missed something, as the system is not perfect.

Can you cut Lavo some slack and work with him on debugging this? Because he is trying to work with you.

December 30, 2012, 01:40:39 AMReply #58

Offline Lavo

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2012, 01:40:39 AM »
You say it's wrong, but every time I tried to build one in the game, I got an immediate notification that "OUR TITAN HAS BEEN DESTROYED". 

That's normal actually; the ability spawns a slotholder Titan until the "real" one is "built".

So, the difference between can't build one and it goes away as soon as I build one without ever being able to even click on it is simply a difference of semantics.  The point is, the current versions titan is borked. 

First off, I want to apologize; I made an assumption you were among those who tried to build Titans as if they're regular Sins Titans, and reading through this thread I'm obviously incorrect. You wouldn't happen to have a save game of this around, would you? I haven't been able to reproduce the error you're mentioning since the hotfix, and would very much appreciate something.

December 30, 2012, 01:59:37 AMReply #59

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2012, 01:59:37 AM »
I don't have any savegames at all for Rebellion.  Once I try out the new version if it's still happening I'll make a savegame and send it to you.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!