Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Ascendancy General Information Thread (And Ask the Makers Anything 2.0)  (Read 89767 times)

April 24, 2013, 05:17:14 PMReply #40

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Sovereign.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

April 24, 2013, 05:23:07 PMReply #41

Offline Settra

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-0
  • Pls no
    • View Profile
Alrighty, thanks for answering the question bombardment!
How do I even

April 24, 2013, 05:25:54 PMReply #42

Offline Rovert10

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-1
    • View Profile
Gotcha, well it'll be interesting to see how the abilities are stretched then! Also are superlaser ships going to stay out of Ascendancy? (they are such a nuisance)
In the initial release it looks to be that no superlasers will be in the mod.
This is saying that they may add it later down the line as the refine and add more units and factions depending how far they go with this.
I heard they may add the Soverign class.

April 24, 2013, 05:28:54 PMReply #43

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
I think they're probably adding the Sovereign. Confirmed on Saint's stream.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

April 25, 2013, 09:57:30 PMReply #44

Offline Settra

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-0
  • Pls no
    • View Profile
Damn, looks like I forgot another question. Will the process for getting capital ships be similar to in vanilla with the training of crews? I would think it'd be a bit of a pain (especially for the Remnant, due to their reliance on Capital ships). Also would the capital ships have some sort of leveling and upgrade system (similar to the one present in Sins but perhaps more specific) that could give a bit more individuality to the caps?
How do I even

April 25, 2013, 11:00:59 PMReply #45

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
The limit on capital ship crews will still be there, however it'll be a much higher percentage of your available ships, and it will vary from faction to faction. Levels will remain as well.

May 12, 2013, 10:55:20 AMReply #46

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
A question: how will the ships be scaled in proportion to planet size? Will they be correctly scaled (making them very tiny) or will they be oversized for sake of gameplay.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 12, 2013, 11:58:26 AMReply #47

Offline Kalo

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +31/-23
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
A question: how will the ships be scaled in proportion to planet size? Will they be correctly scaled (making them very tiny) or will they be oversized for sake of gameplay.

They're pretty small. I'm also pretty sure we've answered this in detail before :).

Codeuser says:
STUPID JFK

May 12, 2013, 02:25:33 PMReply #48

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Not only have we not answered it in detail, we've never commented on it at all from what I remember.

The planet to ship ratio is essentially the same as what it is in the original game. Making planets realistically scaled would serve no purpose and look weird.

May 12, 2013, 05:08:08 PMReply #49

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
Ok. I figured as much.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 26, 2013, 12:00:23 AMReply #50

Offline Waffle Wagon

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-0
    • View Profile
I'm still getting the hang of Sins, but I've got a couple of questions regarding the economic aspect of the mod:

1. Do you have any plans to modify the market rates of the two resources? I notice that when I receive an alert that the market for crystal/metal has crashed, it means that the price for said resource has only dropped about a hundred credits. Not exactly a 'crash.' I think it would be rather interesting if the prices would occasionally reach more extreme highs and lows, triggering mass frenzies of buying and selling.

2. Do you plan to add other resources besides tibanna gas and durasteel? Alternatively, would the addition of other resources throw a monkey wrench into the existing game mechanics, or just not be worth the trouble?

May 26, 2013, 02:04:52 AMReply #51

Offline Lavo

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
2. Do you plan to add other resources besides tibanna gas and durasteel? Alternatively, would the addition of other resources throw a monkey wrench into the existing game mechanics, or just not be worth the trouble?
It's not possible to add in more resources. Only the basic Credits/Metal/Crystal can exist.

May 26, 2013, 09:25:45 AMReply #52

Offline engle99

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
This may seem fairly trivial and I'm sorry if it has been covered before or elsewhere but one of the things that I always liked about EaW and which remained in ICW was the ability to pause the game at any point so like during a battle you could pause, take a step back and decide upon options so I was wondering if there is going to be the ability to do this in Ascendancy?

May 26, 2013, 10:32:35 AMReply #53

Offline Rovert10

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
This may seem fairly trivial and I'm sorry if it has been covered before or elsewhere but one of the things that I always liked about EaW and which remained in ICW was the ability to pause the game at any point so like during a battle you could pause, take a step back and decide upon options so I was wondering if there is going to be the ability to do this in Ascendancy?
There is a variable speed change and pause in SoaSE.

May 26, 2013, 11:07:41 AMReply #54

Offline engle99

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
There is a variable speed change and pause in SoaSE.

Thanks, I've bought SoaSE Rebellion in readiness for Ascendancy, I've just not gotten around to exploring it properly yet.

May 26, 2013, 12:43:40 PMReply #55

Offline Waffle Wagon

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
It's not possible to add in more resources. Only the basic Credits/Metal/Crystal can exist.

Oh, I see. I suspected as much... Is modification of the price rates doable though?

May 26, 2013, 01:22:27 PMReply #56

Offline Rovert10

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
Oh, I see. I suspected as much... Is modification of the price rates doable though?
That's determined by the amount of people buying and selling in the black market.
Sell too much and the price rates drop.
Buy too much and price rates rise.
Supply and demand economy there.

May 26, 2013, 04:57:38 PMReply #57

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
1. Do you have any plans to modify the market rates of the two resources? I notice that when I receive an alert that the market for crystal/metal has crashed, it means that the price for said resource has only dropped about a hundred credits. Not exactly a 'crash.' I think it would be rather interesting if the prices would occasionally reach more extreme highs and lows, triggering mass frenzies of buying and selling.

I'm not sure if this is moddable, but honestly it's not something I'm that concerned about. The black market is essentially just in existence because of how easy it is to have a map where you're completely starved of one of the resources (I'm looking at your crystal) so making it swingier is really just a way to frustrate people.

As Lavo said not doable, but also not desirable. It's going to be difficult enough with just Tibanna gas to consider, and there's really no other useful resources we'd be able to add een if it was moddable.

May 26, 2013, 10:20:01 PMReply #58

Offline Waffle Wagon

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
That's determined by the amount of people buying and selling in the black market.
Sell too much and the price rates drop.
Buy too much and price rates rise.
Supply and demand economy there.

Okay, come to think of it I've only been playing 1v1 so far, so the prices of course would not fluctuate too much.

I'm not sure if this is moddable, but honestly it's not something I'm that concerned about. The black market is essentially just in existence because of how easy it is to have a map where you're completely starved of one of the resources (I'm looking at your crystal) so making it swingier is really just a way to frustrate people.

As Lavo said not doable, but also not desirable. It's going to be difficult enough with just Tibanna gas to consider, and there's really no other useful resources we'd be able to add een if it was moddable.

That reasoning makes sense I suppose, I'm having enough trouble managing the existent resources! I like the current system pretty well, I was mostly just curious about how flexible it may be.

May 27, 2013, 11:56:08 AMReply #59

Offline Lavo

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
Yes, you can mod in absolutely insane black market prices, with large boom and bust cycles, with prices spiking and plummeting, versus vanilla Sins' rather plain market.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!