Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Suggestions for 2.1  (Read 267189 times)

June 19, 2013, 11:15:43 PMReply #520

Offline turtle225

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for 2.1
« Reply #520 on: June 19, 2013, 11:15:43 PM »
Ok, I've been playing a lot again lately and I've got some things that have probably already been mentioned, but regardless, I thought I would toss em out there anyway.

To start things off, the Correllian (likely spelled wrong, sorry) gunship hardly ever fires its concussion missiles, and sometimes doesn't fire them at all. I had two of them focusing on a tie bomber and it took twenty to thirty seconds for the bomber squad to go down. Compared to the corvette which costs less, and would shred that bomber squad in seconds with only one of them, there is really no point to buying the gunship. If they fired their missiles more often, like the Hand's vigilance gunship, they would be more useful.

Shifting gears, the Sacheen should only cost one population unit, and even then it's not very useful as far as I could tell. The Corona could also use a buff. I feel like it is weaker than the nebulon b's that it is supposed to be the successor to. They are more beefy, have a harder to hit profile, and have a better fighter compliment then the nebulons, but in terms of fire power, they put out almost nothing. The description also says that it's good for starfighter screening but it doesn't have any laser cannons or concussion missiles so unless this is pointing to the fighter compliment it holds, that part of the description doesn't stand true.

The bothan frigates might be in need of a slight nerf. They are amazing for their cost. You could also simply nerf their power to weapons ability.

Regarding the power to weapons ability, on some ships, it is simply too good. The reason for this is that on some ships, the ability doesn't drain shields. Not sure if that was intended or not, but without the drawback, it is simply a nice 15 or so seconds of crazy damage output that can be used without risk. The ships that I have noticed do not lose shields are: Chaf, Warlord Gunship, Bothan Frigate, and the Nebula Capital. I haven't played much of the remnant lately so I'm not sure about theirs.

Quick note, I'm not sure that the Hand's decimator corvettes' point defense systems ability works properly. When used, it simply goes straight to cooldown rather than filling up so to speak like other over time abilities. I can't be certain it wasn't working though.

Regarding the vigilance corvette, the description claims that it has a cloaking device however it lacks this ability in game.

When defending in space, it would be nice if there could be someway to launch your defense fleet in a location you wish. The game tends to set them up in bad formations and this would allow the player to arrange the fleet optimally. Also, many of the starting points for the defense fleets are very far forward which makes the golans more of a last line of defense sort of deal. If that is what they were intended to be then that's fine but otherwise, it would be nice if the starting points could be moved back to be able to utilize them better. This would also help the ai out since they always turn tail at the start of the battle which leaves their defense fleet exposed to an easy hyperspace jump ambush.

AT-ST's deal splash damage. Not sure if this was intended or not, but it really makes them shred infantry squads. The Hand's Glitzeans might be a little overpowered. You can simply land a bunch of those and steamroll just about everything

Okay, I think that is everything. Sorry for the long post and I apologize in advance for any redundancy. I'm sure you guys get a lot of people saying the same stuff. Hopefully some of this was helpful.

June 20, 2013, 02:16:07 AMReply #521

Offline frogoverlord

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 20, 2013, 02:16:07 AM »
sweet, thanks guys :)

June 20, 2013, 06:32:53 AMReply #522

Offline pincuishin

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 20, 2013, 06:32:53 AM »
could it be possible to name ships? or original game makes it impossible?

Err it has no fighter support of its own and must rely on other ships for cover so lowering it's shields is near idiotic.

June 21, 2013, 05:37:15 AMReply #523

Offline Crisiss

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-3
  • The weak deserve their fate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 21, 2013, 05:37:15 AM »
Ok, I've been playing a lot again lately and I've got some things that have probably already been mentioned, but regardless, I thought I would toss em out there anyway.

To start things off, the Correllian (likely spelled wrong, sorry) gunship hardly ever fires its concussion missiles, and sometimes doesn't fire them at all. I had two of them focusing on a tie bomber and it took twenty to thirty seconds for the bomber squad to go down. Compared to the corvette which costs less, and would shred that bomber squad in seconds with only one of them, there is really no point to buying the gunship. If they fired their missiles more often, like the Hand's vigilance gunship, they would be more useful.

Shifting gears, the Sacheen should only cost one population unit, and even then it's not very useful as far as I could tell. The Corona could also use a buff. I feel like it is weaker than the nebulon b's that it is supposed to be the successor to. They are more beefy, have a harder to hit profile, and have a better fighter compliment then the nebulons, but in terms of fire power, they put out almost nothing. The description also says that it's good for starfighter screening but it doesn't have any laser cannons or concussion missiles so unless this is pointing to the fighter compliment it holds, that part of the description doesn't stand true.

The bothan frigates might be in need of a slight nerf. They are amazing for their cost. You could also simply nerf their power to weapons ability.

Regarding the power to weapons ability, on some ships, it is simply too good. The reason for this is that on some ships, the ability doesn't drain shields. Not sure if that was intended or not, but without the drawback, it is simply a nice 15 or so seconds of crazy damage output that can be used without risk. The ships that I have noticed do not lose shields are: Chaf, Warlord Gunship, Bothan Frigate, and the Nebula Capital. I haven't played much of the remnant lately so I'm not sure about theirs.

Quick note, I'm not sure that the Hand's decimator corvettes' point defense systems ability works properly. When used, it simply goes straight to cooldown rather than filling up so to speak like other over time abilities. I can't be certain it wasn't working though.

Regarding the vigilance corvette, the description claims that it has a cloaking device however it lacks this ability in game.

When defending in space, it would be nice if there could be someway to launch your defense fleet in a location you wish. The game tends to set them up in bad formations and this would allow the player to arrange the fleet optimally. Also, many of the starting points for the defense fleets are very far forward which makes the golans more of a last line of defense sort of deal. If that is what they were intended to be then that's fine but otherwise, it would be nice if the starting points could be moved back to be able to utilize them better. This would also help the ai out since they always turn tail at the start of the battle which leaves their defense fleet exposed to an easy hyperspace jump ambush.

AT-ST's deal splash damage. Not sure if this was intended or not, but it really makes them shred infantry squads. The Hand's Glitzeans might be a little overpowered. You can simply land a bunch of those and steamroll just about everything

Okay, I think that is everything. Sorry for the long post and I apologize in advance for any redundancy. I'm sure you guys get a lot of people saying the same stuff. Hopefully some of this was helpful.

PTW is being removed from some ships. Glizeans are being nerfed. Nothing can be done about the defense fleets. Also the Decimator point defense works fine, that's how it worked in vanilla. Straight to cool down. If anything the Corona needs a nerf. The defense on that thing is astronomical. Almost game breaking. Infantry squads are kind of supposed to be cannon fodder. The BAF definitely needs a nerf. The CEC gunship needs a power boost. I'm just going to assume the Vigilance's cloak was overlooked. The Sacheen is pretty useless overall, I wouldn't recommend using them. That should cover most of it.
"Honor is a fool's prize. Glory is of no use to the dead." - Revan

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - Winston Churchill

"Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust."

"We have drones and satellites and missiles that can pick a mosquito off a target's nose from three thousand miles away. Why do we have these things? Because the military gets an obscene budget every year and they spend it finding the best possible way to kill every living thing they can fit in a blast radius."

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." -General George S. Patton

June 21, 2013, 08:08:33 AMReply #524

Offline pincuishin

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 21, 2013, 08:08:33 AM »

Never had problems with the gunship the Corona is bad enough it takes forever to kill already specially since all missiles seem to just go wee around it and for some reason my Capitals say a praetor takes a little bit to wreck them, also the AT-ST were always meant for wrecking ground troops watch the movies play any battlefront game and you would have noticed this read its description maybe no offense but yea. Thats exactly what the AT-ST is meant to do.

June 21, 2013, 11:33:50 AMReply #525

Offline turtle225

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: June 21, 2013, 11:33:50 AM »
Thanks for the replies.

Regarding the at-st, I don't know why I didn't think of battlefront or the movies... that explains their potency against infantry.

Maybe for the Corona they could nerf it's defense and increase it's weaponry? Right now it's only real purpose is meat shielding and bringing in three fighters, albeit it does this role pretty well. If they can fix whatever causes it to dodge missiles though then they wouldn't be as tough.

June 21, 2013, 01:40:04 PMReply #526

Offline frogoverlord

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 21, 2013, 01:40:04 PM »
regarding the corona you need to find a right angle I think, if bombers atack from behind it the missiles will not go crazy and just spin in circles

June 21, 2013, 01:47:24 PMReply #527

Offline frogoverlord

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 21, 2013, 01:47:24 PM »
would it be possible to add a flying unit for IR and PA?

June 21, 2013, 01:59:52 PMReply #528

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 21, 2013, 01:59:52 PM »
They already have one
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

June 21, 2013, 02:00:18 PMReply #529

Offline yutpaeksi

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +13/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 21, 2013, 02:00:18 PM »
would it be possible to add a flying unit for IR and PA?

The IR already has the IDT, and the PA has the LAAT. If you're asking if they can get a fast moving airskimmer-like flying unit like the NR V-wing or EotH Aistraeker, the answer is probably no. They're supposed to have different capabilities, helps to further differentiate between the factions.
"That's not what the Empire would have done, Commander. What the Empire would have done was build a super-colossal Yuuzhan Vong-killing battle machine. They would have called it the Nova Colossus or the Galaxy Destructor or the Nostril of Palpatine or something equally grandiose. They would have spent billions of credits, employed thousands of contractors and subcontractors, and equipped it with the latest in death-dealing technology. And you know what would have happened? It wouldn't have worked. They'd forget to bolt down a metal plate over an access hatch leading to the main reactors, or some other mistake, and a hotshot enemy pilot would drop a bomb down there and blow the whole thing up. Now that's what the Empire would have done."
―Han Solo, to Vana Dorja

June 21, 2013, 02:47:03 PMReply #530

Offline frogoverlord

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 21, 2013, 02:47:03 PM »
had a brainfart, forgot about air transports

June 22, 2013, 02:46:07 AMReply #531

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 22, 2013, 02:46:07 AM »
My suggestion would be to remove Jerec from being a land hero.  He's FAR more useful in space combat, and he refuses to stay in a space fleet as he is.  Be easiest if he was just removed in the entirety from being used on land.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

June 22, 2013, 06:30:52 AMReply #532

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 22, 2013, 06:30:52 AM »
So the AI likes to put him on the ground?  I could have sworn we fixed that script (and this must be about the third release I've said that).
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

June 22, 2013, 07:18:35 AMReply #533

Offline pincuishin

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 22, 2013, 07:18:35 AM »
A suggestion um could you guys make the corona not spawn so many fighters? I think it brings in 3 or something its insane have enough problems with missiles and what not also could you make it so fighters die when they get hit by only 1 turbo laser? now I know everyones like omg you cannot but lets be realistic here not targeting just the damage. I'm pretty sure one turbo laser will shred a little fighter just saying.

June 22, 2013, 08:38:12 AMReply #534

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 22, 2013, 08:38:12 AM »
3 squadrons for the Corona is it's canon complement.

As for the turbolaser damage against fighters; we might just have overlooked that in 2.0.  Unless Corey's changed things already it's certainly something we could look at, although I don't know what impact it might have on balance.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

June 22, 2013, 12:06:12 PMReply #535

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 22, 2013, 12:06:12 PM »
So the AI likes to put him on the ground?  I could have sworn we fixed that script (and this must be about the third release I've said that).

Yeah, if he's in a fleet in space, and you attack a planet's ground defenses, he will ~60% of the time garrison himself on the planet, even if he wasn't used in the battle.

A suggestion um could you guys make the corona not spawn so many fighters? I think it brings in 3 or something its insane have enough problems with missiles and what not also could you make it so fighters die when they get hit by only 1 turbo laser? now I know everyones like omg you cannot but lets be realistic here not targeting just the damage. I'm pretty sure one turbo laser will shred a little fighter just saying.

Depends on the fighter.  Y-Wing, B-Wing, K-Wing, Tie Defender all have such powerful shields (for fighters) that they actually could withstand a blast from a turbolaser.  They couldn't survive 2, but they could survive 1.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:08:05 PM by tlmiller »
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

June 23, 2013, 03:22:13 PMReply #536

Offline Crisiss

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-3
  • The weak deserve their fate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 23, 2013, 03:22:13 PM »

Same goes for Palpy when he spawns in EoW or AoW, he just sits on Byss. Not really difficult at all.
"Honor is a fool's prize. Glory is of no use to the dead." - Revan

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - Winston Churchill

"Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust."

"We have drones and satellites and missiles that can pick a mosquito off a target's nose from three thousand miles away. Why do we have these things? Because the military gets an obscene budget every year and they spend it finding the best possible way to kill every living thing they can fit in a blast radius."

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." -General George S. Patton

June 23, 2013, 05:30:49 PMReply #537

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 23, 2013, 05:30:49 PM »
My suggestion would be to remove Jerec from being a land hero.  He's FAR more useful in space combat, and he refuses to stay in a space fleet as he is.  Be easiest if he was just removed in the entirety from being used on land.

Uhm, he's pretty useful on the ground too. Also if you fill up the land slots when you invade(10 units) he stays in space. Otherwise just remember to bring him back up at the end of each land battle when he's in the space fleet. It's what I do.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

June 24, 2013, 06:13:11 PMReply #538

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 24, 2013, 06:13:11 PM »
Same goes for Palpy when he spawns in EoW or AoW, he just sits on Byss. Not really difficult at all.

I've had the same experience... which is a shame, as I'd love to have to take down the Eclipse with a fleet backing it, yet have never encountered the Emperor except on the ground.  While Jerec and the Emperor are undoubtedly both powerful ground combatants, they are FAR more useful in space.

June 27, 2013, 07:58:41 PMReply #539

Offline Clubby71

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 27, 2013, 07:58:41 PM »
I was just reading Corey's 2012 explanation for not having World Devastators in game, about how you can't translate how it strips planets of resources to build weapons.  But could it be possible to make WDs act the same way Lando or Karrde does, making a credit bonus for what planet it is over, as well as making a discount in credits for some if not all units/ships on that planet.  Could you maybe code it like how the Arc Hammer allows building certain units, but instead of building unique units over a friendly planet it can build units over ANY planet, even enemy ones?  It just seems like WDs could operate like Minor hero space unit for the IR; with credit bonuses, discounts and the ability to build ships while blockading enemy planets.

Edit:  Thanks Slornie for moving this to the right thread.

Moved to Suggestions for 2.1 ~ Slornie
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 02:10:34 PM by Clubby71 »

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!