Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: 2.0 Full Unit List  (Read 26731 times)

January 24, 2013, 03:52:47 PMReply #20

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: 2.0 Full Unit List
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 03:52:47 PM »
and the PA's ground forces are nothing to scuff at either!
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

January 25, 2013, 02:29:39 PMReply #21

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Need correction
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 02:29:39 PM »
Well,where do I need to start?
The Pentastar Alignment is simply too weak.
You should need to give it a few more units, to balance the game. For example makeing the Vengeance-class Star Dreadnought buildabble, and also giving a GC AI to it because it haven't got at the moment...
I'm looking forward to the new features you're creating at the moment...

The PA is no weaker than the other factions; economically they start off worse off, however 2 free SSDs more than makes up for it, and for the same reason them not having buildable SSDs isn't an issue. Having fewer units doesn't make them any weaker either considering they're not actually missing anything, it's just that they have the same units for all 5 eras instead of changing between eras, do at any given time they actually still have the same amount, and keep in mind that the era changes don't necessarily make the other factions stronger. Nothing the NR has in era 1 can even really stand up to a Praetor. And I'd say barring the currently OP Gilzean, the PA also has the best assortment of ground units.

The lack of Galactic AI is not a balance issue, it's a performance issue. In most of the GCs they're in, they do have a galactic AI, however in Art of War for each faction's version one of the other 4 factions has their AI disabled. When you're playing as the IR and NR, that faction is the PA, but again, that's only this one GC. This is explained in several places. This is because EaW is a poorly made, buggy and generally terrible game with one specific bug that causes unit selections and orders to stop working after a certain amount has happened. The more planets and factions fighting for said planets, the sooner it happens. Since AoW has 93 planets, when we had all 4 active, that meant planets changed hands every 2 seconds and it would hit the freeze at week 50. With one faction disabled, it can usually get to at least 200-300, we've gotten as high as 500 without it freezing. It's not ideal but it's a nevessary trade off.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 25, 2013, 07:04:59 PMReply #22

Offline Enceladus

• Assistant Canadian
  • Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +33/-11
  • Did I mention GROUNDBREAKING?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 07:04:59 PM »
and the PA's ground forces are nothing to scuff at either!

Hailfires are probably one of my favourite land units in the game.

~Thrawn's Revenge Staff~

January 25, 2013, 07:10:54 PMReply #23

Offline JC123

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2013, 07:10:54 PM »
Hailfires are probably one of my favourite land units in the game.

For someone like me that actually dislikes ground battles in EAW, the hailfire is perfect for spamming and laziness.  I love that unit.

Don't get me wrong, big AOE, red alert, C&C fan but EAW ground battles make me want to cry and sometimes I gladly take the auto-resolve loss.
Did you see that?  Know what that cost?  $58,000.  I mean, what a waste.  It wasn't even funny.  That's $58,000 that could have gone to curing leukemia.  Or.  muscular dystrophy.  Or... what does Michael J. Fox have?  That.  Alright, let's watch some damn cartoons.

January 25, 2013, 08:41:24 PMReply #24

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2013, 08:41:24 PM »
Big fan of the Hailfires.  I actually agreed with JC on ground battles until the recent change by the team of not having unlimited reinforcements spawn.  NOW, I find I actually REALLY enjoy the ground combat most of the time.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

January 27, 2013, 09:03:10 PMReply #25

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2013, 09:03:10 PM »
The game very much favors space combat with ground as a secondary focus. The mod improved on this oversight.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!