Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Imperial Unit Suggestions for Future Versions  (Read 18067 times)

July 29, 2011, 02:22:08 PM

Offline Zsinj

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-0
    • View Profile
Imperial Unit Suggestions for Future Versions
« on: July 29, 2011, 02:22:08 PM »
You should add the 501st for thrawn because he reconstituted them.
"No, I never really would have asked you to kiss him."―Han Solo, to Chewbacca

July 29, 2011, 02:44:52 PMReply #1

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 02:44:52 PM »
From the first page of this thread:

The 501st more or less died out after Endor. Thrawn restarted them in the Empire of the Hand, but in the Imperial remnant they were done. The Aurek Seven hero squad in the Empire of the Hand is part of the Empire of the Hand's 501st, actually.

The 501st is also covered in another thread.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 04:17:55 PM by Slornie »
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

July 29, 2011, 05:46:22 PMReply #2

Offline Zsinj

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 05:46:22 PM »
er sorry
"No, I never really would have asked you to kiss him."―Han Solo, to Chewbacca

August 07, 2011, 10:41:02 AMReply #3

Offline Meyer

• Grand Moff
  • Approval: +69/-2
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 10:41:02 AM »
can't remeber if this has already been suggested but how about giving the empire regular army troopers and making the stormtroopers elite infantry.
I reject your canon and substitute my own!

September 13, 2011, 11:08:26 AMReply #4

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 11:08:26 AM »
I know this thread is titularly for Imperial unit suggestions, but having just read Crisis of Faith i would like to mention the newly described (but unimaginatively named) EotH vehicle.

From page 444 in my copy of Heir to the Empire 20th Anniversary Edition:
The A-rack was a simple device, one that Lhagva was told had been adopted from one of Thrawn's other liberated worlds. It looked very much like an A-frame, fold-up clothing roller of the type he'd seen been pushed or pulled along busy walkways back in his own home city's garment district. The A-rack, though, was much sturdier than those, with oversized wheels, a top-mounted E-Web/M heavy repeating blaster, a center-mounted engine, and enough room on each side for five stormtroopers to stand facing outward.  With the pair of cramped seats in the center section for the driver and gunner, the carrier could transport a full stormtrooper squad quickly and efficiently across medium-rough terrain.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 11:18:20 AM by Slornie »
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

October 14, 2011, 07:31:20 PMReply #5

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 07:31:20 PM »
Greetings,
I have a few suggestions for units in 1.3.
Wraith Squadron as a TIE/X Wing with Corvette in space, and commando application on land.
Crimson Command VSDs/ speed of VSDII with more firepower than VSDII but less armor than VSD(only buildable in Daala's era)
Unlimited Golans
Zsinj's Raptor Spec forces/ similar to NR Infiltrators with sniper rifle and thermal det.
Dark Jedi/ build able on Byss only in Palpatines era to counter NR Jedi
Royal guard/ build able on Byss or coruscant during Palpatine or Daalas era
More Thrustships for the yevetha
Imperial intelligence commandos/ Similar to NR infitrators and with the capability to be stealth fleet to land on planets and wreak havoc
Admiral Delak Krennal and ISDII Reckoning/ In isards Era
Cloaking ability for the Chimaera in Caamas Crisis
The false 181st for Zsinj in his scenario
Hand of Judgement for EotH again
Smugglers for Zsinj(to simulate his businesses behind enemy lines which were so crucial to his power
Ysalimiri Stormtroopers for Thrawn in his era(elite stormtroopers with ysalimiri on them to nullify Jedi abilities and thus make them vulnerable to infantry.(this was kind of a major theme in the novels and would force players of the NR to use strategy instead of Jedi one man slaughter fest)
Could Bastion's population be LOYAL to the Empire(I know the map for correllia was re used for Bastion but as the Empire's last capital it's kind of important for the population to be on their side, Especially in the Caamas crisis level!)
Anyway that's some of my suggestions, I understand you all do this mod in your spare time and still have busy schedules, so I appreciate all the hard work you put in to it. It is a work of art. Thanks again. 

"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

November 05, 2011, 05:45:38 PMReply #6

Offline Willhelm

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 05:45:38 PM »
Only thing I can see that is missing is the Scimitar assault bomber. The Empire of the Hand has it but the Imperial Remnant doesn't, makes no sense considering it was designed during Thrawn's campaign for the Imperial Remnant.

Also I feel there needs to be some "true" cruisers between the ISD and the ESD. Having no ships between a destroyer that is 1.6 kilometers to a dreadnought that is 17.6 kilometers+ is a little ridiculous. Of course the only problem is there is really no good references to ships between 5 to 13 kilometers out there, so I guess it's as good as it gets.

I was just reading this and it reminded me of phoenix rising. they used praetor class battlecrusers which are slightly larger than star destroyers and to even it out gave the NR some big mon cal ship. (they also put in bulwarks to match ssds but i didnt like that)

November 06, 2011, 01:59:13 AMReply #7

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 01:59:13 AM »
I think we've covered this in a few places before, but we avoid doing that because for one the designs are typically fanon, which means we'd have to make up our own, and also the superships are supposed to be special, not common. If it had the same sliding scale leading up to it, it's kind of pointless. Also, EaW doesn't handle larger ships especially well, and we're not especially fond of them. Honestly I wouldn't have any ship bigger than the Phalanx in the mod if it were up to me, but then people would complain and ask why there's no SSDs.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

November 06, 2011, 01:29:10 PMReply #8

Offline Willhelm

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 01:29:10 PM »
You pretty much covered it in the second part of this post. If there were any good candidates we might use them, but as it is, there aren't, and it kind of defeats the purpose of having the SSDs in a"super" units, as Scarecrow said.

What about praetor battle cruisers? it would be nice to just have some more variety

Fixed quote ~ Slornie
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 04:24:08 PM by Slornie »

November 06, 2011, 04:23:07 PMReply #9

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 04:23:07 PM »
The first problem with the Praetor-class is that there are no canon sources to base it on.  While we have people more than capable of designing something suitable (and being pre-Empire in origin it wouldn't even have to adhere to the space triangle philosophy) we try to stick with canon material where possible.

Second, the class was outdated long before the Galactic Civil War and only ever saw limited service in the Imperial navy.  What added benefit would the Praetor provide other than being another unit that people won't use: bigger, weaker, slower and more expensive than an Imperial II Star Destroyer?

December 10, 2011, 05:18:21 AMReply #10

Offline Meyer

• Grand Moff
  • Approval: +69/-2
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2011, 05:18:21 AM »
just wondering would it be possible to make Fels unit larger to represent the 3 squadrons that made up the 181st fighter group?
I reject your canon and substitute my own!

December 10, 2011, 07:39:55 AMReply #11

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2011, 07:39:55 AM »
I seem to remember trying something similar in the past and it not functioning properly, but I can try again. The only problem there is that you'd end up with Soontir Fel's icon up in the corner 3 times and we'd get inundated with bug reports about another non-bug.

Welcome back to the posting world, by the way. It's good to see some of the older community is still around.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 07:53:40 AM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

December 18, 2011, 09:58:04 PMReply #12

Offline Willhelm

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 09:58:04 PM »
I have two unit suggestions one of which im quite surprised has not bee added or at least talked about already, The bayonet-class light cruiser has always been a cool ship to me, and it would make the empires frigate selection a little more diverse. I even found info about it and it has all its technical specifications. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bayonet-class_light_cruiser
My other unit suggestion is to add the guardian class light cruiser for the empire. I thought id be cool to have small ships like that for anti fighter duties, but instead of making them like frigates make them like han solo and chewbacca but worse. i found info for this too :P http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Guardian-class_light_cruiser

I would be SUPER happy and thankful if you guys would add these ships

December 21, 2011, 11:15:29 PMReply #13

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 11:15:29 PM »
Well, the problem with the Remnant is hardly diversity; the build bar is completely full, so any space units we add basically mean either cutting another one or giving it to one leader and not the rest.

As far as the Bayonet goes, the specs are there but there's no official design. There's a single fanon one that goes around a lot (if I had to guess I'd say it were EvilleJedi's), but we don't have permission to use it, and I'm not entirely fond of it.

For the Guardian, it's a possilbility for the leaders who preferred smaller craft (Thrawn, Pellaeon) but I'm not sure if we'll do it.

January 08, 2012, 05:26:53 PMReply #14

Offline Almagro10

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2012, 05:26:53 PM »
Hello people i m new, i ve been reading all the suggestions about creating a new unit for the imperials. I have a proposition, why don t you create stormtroopers that can fly, like jumptroopers in the Force Unleashed. I think that would be awesome, i don t know if some of you agree with me.
See you all later

Sorry for my english, pretty bad, it s because i m spaniard. :)

January 10, 2012, 02:46:33 PMReply #15

Offline Mazzic

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 02:46:33 PM »
That would be cool

January 11, 2012, 02:11:44 AMReply #16

Offline Shmee

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 02:11:44 AM »
Praetor or Allegiance class. Basically something along the lines of bigger than an ISD or Tector, but smaller than the executor or sovereign class.

January 20, 2012, 06:49:41 PMReply #17

Offline Darth Morbius

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 06:49:41 PM »
Greetings to everybody in the forum!

I think the Imperials are desperately in need for a LAAT gunship. Several mods has it and it'd perfectly solve the Imperials lack of air unit problem which they have due to the overpowered MPTL spam the AI does( no ground unit can stand against the MPTL spam). It opens up a lot of new strategies, and also makes the battles more realistic( ground forces without air support?).

That or ground usable Tie fighters.

I wouldn't change much with the fleet as it seems fine.

January 21, 2012, 09:42:11 PMReply #18

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 09:42:11 PM »
We still have our own LAAT from our Fall of the Republic minimod, but we have other plans for it. As we've said in other threads, the reason we don't currently have air units is about targeting, though. We know there are several canon air vehicles.

January 22, 2012, 11:26:24 AMReply #19

Offline Kratas

• Chat Members
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +19/-38
  • "If my face looked like a squid, I'd be angry, too
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 11:26:24 AM »
Hows about the AT-MV,I think it was called.

It was used by Daala when she tried to kidnap the Solo children I think,invented by the governor of Carada.
The All Terrain Mountain Vehicle maybe?

Ahh here it is.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mountain_Terrain_Armored_Transport

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!