Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Last Person to Post Wins  (Read 825798 times)

February 07, 2018, 08:50:08 AMReply #2800

Offline Lukii0141

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Last Person to Post Wins
« Reply #2800 on: February 07, 2018, 08:50:08 AM »
Maybe..  Snoke wasnt that bad but his death in tlj was really unnecessary.

February 10, 2018, 02:27:35 AMReply #2801

Offline AppTRL

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: February 10, 2018, 02:27:35 AM »
Maybe..  Snoke wasnt that bad but his death in tlj was really unnecessary.

Ya...the sequel trilogy should have just stuck with focusing on Kylo Ren imo

February 10, 2018, 09:03:45 AMReply #2802

Offline Lukii0141

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: February 10, 2018, 09:03:45 AM »
The sequels are focusing on kylo ren (and rey) it was never about any other person in my opinion (Snoke and Luke always were not the main charakter in the sequels)

February 10, 2018, 10:41:44 AMReply #2803

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: February 10, 2018, 10:41:44 AM »
okay I think that this isn't really the place for discussing this, not to mention my own opinion on Disney canon as a whole.
So I think I'll pass on this one and spare a heated arguement and an essay for you to read.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 10:44:58 AM by kucsidave »
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

February 10, 2018, 12:17:42 PMReply #2804

Offline Skyline5gtr

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: February 10, 2018, 12:17:42 PM »
They threw everything away with TLJ

February 10, 2018, 12:43:07 PMReply #2805

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: February 10, 2018, 12:43:07 PM »
Problem is that it haven't started with TLJ.
It already started with TFA which led down the pat to the TLJ. And most of us had seen it well before it.
When I saw "Starkiller base" or as I call it Deathstar 3.0, I remember a guy in the cinema standing up and say the hungarian equivalent of: "BULLSHIT" and leave.
And that was when I said "Great. Deathstar 3.0... Bet it is going to be destroyed by a single X-wing." and what happened?
At least the IR, oh I mean the First Order at least bladdered up the hole this time.
And this is the place where if I don't stop I'm gonna start rambling
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

February 10, 2018, 02:20:24 PMReply #2806

Offline Lukii0141

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: February 10, 2018, 02:20:24 PM »
The Sequels arent the best but they are oke its something new. But i agree that the IR ...... First Order* are a bit boring with the Starkiller base. But yeah youre right its not the the place for discussing

February 10, 2018, 11:23:22 PMReply #2807

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: February 10, 2018, 11:23:22 PM »
The Sequels arent the best but they are oke its something new. But i agree that the IR ...... First Order* are a bit boring with the Starkiller base. But yeah youre right its not the the place for discussing

Something new? Pray tell how. It's rehashed Rebs v Imps. I'll grant you that it is new in regards to utterly contradicting both itself and the film's established lore. The new films have no soul and are just pathetic chart check boxes.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

February 11, 2018, 12:46:37 AMReply #2808

Offline feterox

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: February 11, 2018, 12:46:37 AM »
Something new? Pray tell how. It's rehashed Rebs v Imps. I'll grant you that it is new in regards to utterly contradicting both itself and the film's established lore. The new films have no soul and are just pathetic chart check boxes.
No soul, well that's rather questionable, I remember back in early 2000 when prequel trilogy was thrown out many fans told the same, 1st, 2nd, 3rd episodes have no soul, they are shallow, but look at it now, they seem expanded with something outside the films. I'd say give it 2 or 3 years, perhaps it will be expanded the same way the prequels had.

February 11, 2018, 02:01:35 AMReply #2809

Offline Schräge Musik

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: February 11, 2018, 02:01:35 AM »
I personally never understood much of the criticism of the prequel trilogy. Granted, I did not see any of the movies until several years had passed since the release.

Perhaps that is indeed the key; some time and context is necessary for them to become tolerable.

February 11, 2018, 04:30:41 AMReply #2810

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: February 11, 2018, 04:30:41 AM »
All right, let's switch subject.
I won 8=)

February 11, 2018, 04:41:57 AMReply #2811

Offline Lukii0141

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: February 11, 2018, 04:41:57 AM »
No i won

February 11, 2018, 05:33:39 AMReply #2812

Offline feterox

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: February 11, 2018, 05:33:39 AM »
I personally never understood much of the criticism of the prequel trilogy. Granted, I did not see any of the movies until several years had passed since the release.

Perhaps that is indeed the key; some time and context is necessary for them to become tolerable.
And on that I agree, perhaps the context is needed + at that time the EU was on the rise and we had nothing to juxtapose with. Now we have wacky, but still EU and sequels to compare.

February 11, 2018, 07:33:57 AMReply #2813

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: February 11, 2018, 07:33:57 AM »
And on that I agree, perhaps the context is needed + at that time the EU was on the rise and we had nothing to juxtapose with. Now we have wacky, but still EU and sequels to compare.

I wish there was a way to examine the different reactions of audiences to the new movies by certain categories... we could loosely break them up by, say, 1) is the most "hardcore" Star Wars fan group, and to be included one must have seen every major movie more than once (PT, OT, TFA, R1, TLJ), most or all of TCW/Rebels, and have read at least a dozen EU books; 2) is a less hardcore group that still easily earn the fan title, have seen every major movie at least once and each of the OT more than once, and have read at least one EU book or watched at least a few episodes of TCW/Rebels; 3) people who have seen all of the major movies at least once and are happy to rewatch at least some of them, will understand references and get or make Star Wars jokes without having to think "what's that referencing?" first, but who have limited/no EU exposure and haven't watched TCW/Rebels much/at all.  I think it would be interesting to see how each of these categories has reacted to the Disney-created storyline in general and the new movies in particular when compared to each other, as I suspect there would be significantly different takes among these groups, even though all would broadly count as "Star Wars fans".

February 11, 2018, 08:25:02 AMReply #2814

Offline Daanishmalik

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: February 11, 2018, 08:25:02 AM »
Wait but i win now

February 11, 2018, 08:25:49 AMReply #2815

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: February 11, 2018, 08:25:49 AM »
What does that tell about me when I say that when I went to kindergarten my friend and I could replay the whole original trilogy and the phantom menace (so all the star wars movies at the time) in a word-by word basis.
We knew every single line of every star wars movie, I owned A star wars book already (though I couldn't read at the time, but my mother was reading it for me), and to top it off I wanted to be a Jedi when I grow up...
That reminds me... I should rewatch the whole EU movies and shows again. I forgot a lot...
One of my first video games were among others: Shadows of the Empire and Star Wars Rebellion, X-wing Alliance, Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast.
I also played:
X-wing, Tie Fighter, Jedi Knight series as a whole, Episode I Racer(Yes, I am ashamed), Galactic Battlegrounds, Kotor series (Including fiddling around a bit in the TOR MMO), Battlefront I and II(the original ones),The Force Unleashed series and Republic commando.
Books were always hard to come by here, and comics were impossible, so I largely stayed out of those and I am just trying to catch up on those ATM.

Is it too much to consider myself hardcore?

Also a weird thing about me, the X-wing was never my favorite. I always loved the Y-wing much MUCH more
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 08:30:21 AM by kucsidave »

February 11, 2018, 08:47:03 AMReply #2816

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: February 11, 2018, 08:47:03 AM »
I would likely classify just about everyone on this forum as belonging to group 1, the hardcore fans - the descriptions of the categories are meant to conceptualize how immersed and invested one is in the Star Wars universe, rather than be hard definitions that one has to meet every condition of.

February 11, 2018, 11:13:01 AMReply #2817

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: February 11, 2018, 11:13:01 AM »
Yeah. True

February 11, 2018, 11:17:42 AMReply #2818

Offline feterox

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: February 11, 2018, 11:17:42 AM »
I wish there was a way to examine the different reactions of audiences to the new movies by certain categories... we could loosely break them up by, say, 1) is the most "hardcore" Star Wars fan group, and to be included one must have seen every major movie more than once (PT, OT, TFA, R1, TLJ), most or all of TCW/Rebels, and have read at least a dozen EU books; 2) is a less hardcore group that still easily earn the fan title, have seen every major movie at least once and each of the OT more than once, and have read at least one EU book or watched at least a few episodes of TCW/Rebels; 3) people who have seen all of the major movies at least once and are happy to rewatch at least some of them, will understand references and get or make Star Wars jokes without having to think "what's that referencing?" first, but who have limited/no EU exposure and haven't watched TCW/Rebels much/at all.  I think it would be interesting to see how each of these categories has reacted to the Disney-created storyline in general and the new movies in particular when compared to each other, as I suspect there would be significantly different takes among these groups, even though all would broadly count as "Star Wars fans".
Even inside one group the reaction might be so different. I like the way The Lord of the Rings nailed it in the films, it is interesting for larger audience, but still captivating by being exact in certain moments (not the Helm's Deep part for sure :D). J.J. Abrams tried to do it, and been somewhat successful.

February 12, 2018, 03:52:08 AMReply #2819

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: February 12, 2018, 03:52:08 AM »
Even inside one group the reaction might be so different. I like the way The Lord of the Rings nailed it in the films, it is interesting for larger audience, but still captivating by being exact in certain moments (not the Helm's Deep part for sure :D). J.J. Abrams tried to do it, and been somewhat successful.

The LOTR films had the good fortune to be novel adaptations that were allowed (and had the budgets) to hew very closely to an already-written legendary tale.  And yet, even they had people criticizing them for not including figures like Tom Bombadil, or events like the razing of the Shire.  The Hobbit films, which tried to expand upon their source material, largely failed in their ambitions.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!