Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

- Chatbox: For random chatting, mod questions/suggestions go in the actual forums.

Author Topic: Coming Soon  (Read 12594 times)

November 11, 2008, 03:13:46 PM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Coming Soon
« on: November 11, 2008, 03:13:46 PM »
Don't worry guys, we're still hard at work.We haven't done an update in a while because we're holding off until we're finished with what we're doing, which should be before the end of the month.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 03:19:38 PM by Arbiter »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

November 12, 2008, 03:39:04 AMReply #1

Offline thomasqw

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Coming Soon
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 03:39:04 AM »
k thanks for the news i mean waiting is better then having some half finished product and having the community going aww thats it...... shame. its looking very good thumbs up. ;D
WE ARE ANONYMOUS

WE ARE LEGION

WE DO NOT FORGIVE

WE DO NOT FORGET

EXPECT US

November 13, 2008, 05:58:19 PMReply #2

Offline Corusca Fire

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 05:58:19 PM »
Actually, I would suggest making some sort of more pubic announcement (filefront...) because from what I can tell most of the modding community thinks this mod is dead.

November 14, 2008, 02:40:22 AMReply #3

Offline thomasqw

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 02:40:22 AM »
mmm thats true i agree with deathfromthesky there really hasn't been any news posted on filefront or other community sites (other than this holy place of worship) i mean i swear when u release this people will be like what is this mod oww Thrawns revenge didnt that die out owell cant be that good prob some unfinished thing that arbiter (and the rest of the very dedicated nod team) couldn't be bothered finishing. I mean dont get me wrong i love what you guys are doing but can you see where i'm coming from? just some constructive criticism plz dont flame me for this people.  :-\
WE ARE ANONYMOUS

WE ARE LEGION

WE DO NOT FORGIVE

WE DO NOT FORGET

EXPECT US

November 14, 2008, 03:07:11 PMReply #4

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 03:07:11 PM »
We haven't posted news for a reason. Besides, that's not how they'll think. The people who'd assume it's dead after a month and a half without a large update are the ones who didn't like it before anyways. We're not posting an update 2 weeks before this, because there's nothing we could put into it that isn't already going into the one in November and I don't have time to write 2 updates in 3 weeks.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

November 14, 2008, 10:30:42 PMReply #5

Offline thomasqw

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 10:30:42 PM »
i think you miss understood me Arbiter i mean people here on the form know the mod isn't dead i mean on other sites such as filefront and other sites. i myself am on filefront frequently and i never see updates posted there. and on to the bit about you not having any time to post updates i may be able to help with that. heres my proposal i post all the updates for you at filefront and other mod sites (and this one) freeing up time for you to work on the mod if your interested contact me at thomasqw@hotmail.com take time to think about it im here to help the community.
WE ARE ANONYMOUS

WE ARE LEGION

WE DO NOT FORGIVE

WE DO NOT FORGET

EXPECT US

November 14, 2008, 10:40:21 PMReply #6

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 10:40:21 PM »
I understood you perfectly. The issue isn't posting them, it's that we have to write them and do the renders and such.

November 15, 2008, 08:22:00 AMReply #7

Offline thomasqw

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 08:22:00 AM »
again what im trying to say here is that i can write them send me the renders and bits of info and ill put it all over the web freeing up some of your time like i said i want to help you guys out the offer still stands.  ;)
WE ARE ANONYMOUS

WE ARE LEGION

WE DO NOT FORGIVE

WE DO NOT FORGET

EXPECT US

November 15, 2008, 01:30:31 PMReply #8

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 01:30:31 PM »
That would mean you know what we're planning in the mod, what we've finished, what we're still trying, what each team member is doing, who has joined, left or gone on a temporary vacation. That's information I'd still have to write up, and Dr. Nick would still have to do the renders. It's no different other than we're complicating it even more by adding a third party. So thanks , but no thanks.

There's also timing. We update when we update for a reason, and we already have everything we're able to share right now planned for the next update. Splitting that up into two just so people get some news a week or two earlier makes two small, crappy updates instead of the one good one. I don't know how long you've been around, but you may remember when we did weekly updates? They start off alright but then it just ends up being a picture and a sentence or two that gives no actual information. Then we have to show at least 52 fully completed units or maps a year, which means we're all working more to complete content for the updates than working on the actual mod, and people still don't get anything substantial. Our popularity increases with weekly updates, but I'd rather finish unpopular and let people judge for themselves afterwards than never finish because we just focus on updates. (Which we'd eventually tun out of content for)

November 15, 2008, 06:36:16 PMReply #9

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2008, 06:36:16 PM »
I don't know how long you've been around, but you may remember when we did weekly updates? They start off alright but then it just ends up being a picture and a sentence or two that gives no actual information. Then we have to show at least 52 fully completed units or maps a year, which means we're all working more to complete content for the updates than working on the actual mod, and people still don't get anything substantial. Our popularity increases with weekly updates, but I'd rather finish unpopular and let people judge for themselves afterwards than never finish because we just focus on updates. (Which we'd eventually tun out of content for)
QFT.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

November 17, 2008, 01:51:13 AMReply #10

Offline thomasqw

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 01:51:13 AM »
i understand thanks arbiter for clearing the air with that and i completely agree that putting out weekly updates would be stupid and a wast of time. BTW soz for wasting your time on the subject. love the work you guys do and i must say that laat/i is the best model and skin ive ever seen. ! question whats with all the hate between moders i mean u guys all have the same love why cant you live peacefully ??? anywayz love what u guys are doin.  ;D 
WE ARE ANONYMOUS

WE ARE LEGION

WE DO NOT FORGIVE

WE DO NOT FORGET

EXPECT US

November 17, 2008, 03:11:27 PMReply #11

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 03:11:27 PM »
! question whats with all the hate between moders i mean u guys all have the same love why cant you live peacefully ???

It's the same thing as asking why athletes have to compete with each other when they're all playing the same game, or why politicians have to argue when they're working towards the same goal. Within a mod people may fight because they think a mod is going in the wrong direction, what should be cut, what shouldn't be cut and even what needs to be done first. Between different mods a large amount of problems are caused (especially in this community) by certain mods using models, skins, coding, etc. from other games or modders without permission, which is theft. This is the case with Nomada Firefox and the All Era Mega Mod. Certain people also think if somebody is making a mod in the same era as them, that they've stolen the idea and are just copying them.

November 18, 2008, 02:12:24 AMReply #12

Offline thomasqw

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 02:12:24 AM »
MMMM good point but i mean there are some mods are that have worked sooo well i mean look at the F.O.K mod for example i mean TTRU mod and the CTC mod to come together for the community i mean is that sort of cooperation  that rare? 
WE ARE ANONYMOUS

WE ARE LEGION

WE DO NOT FORGIVE

WE DO NOT FORGET

EXPECT US

November 18, 2008, 01:15:31 PMReply #13

Offline vadereclipse

• Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +28/-27
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 01:15:31 PM »
MMMM good point but i mean there are some mods are that have worked sooo well i mean look at the F.O.K mod for example i mean TTRU mod and the CTC mod to come together for the community i mean is that sort of cooperation  that rare? 

I don't know any of those mods.
that's not possible in the EAW community. there's a big personality rift and demand rift between noobs and modders. Good modders, anyway. nor have we ever properly had a central figure in the community. the closest we had to him was FoshJedi, but Fosh was rarely there.

November 19, 2008, 02:59:35 AMReply #14

Offline thomasqw

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2008, 02:59:35 AM »
i see what you mean and i have just found out that foshjedi has left!!!! :'(  but the show shall go on (i hope  ;) ) but u know what the work here is the best yet and i fart in the general direction of the other mods (except xirox mod, imp assult 2 and aem: may be others i forgot) but still best modeling I've seen and skinning, rigging ect ect still lovin everything about this mod  :) 
WE ARE ANONYMOUS

WE ARE LEGION

WE DO NOT FORGIVE

WE DO NOT FORGET

EXPECT US

November 19, 2008, 01:03:28 PMReply #15

Offline vadereclipse

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 01:03:28 PM »
I'm going to be honest here. AEM's nothing. It's a cheap rip-off of SAU, which wasn't exactly my favourite mod. Same ships, same planets, same incorrect positions, same duplicate maps, same everything. he's tweaked the maps to little effect, and just scaled everything down to make it more "tactical". and suddenly, he thinks he's a genius. now, i'm not a very good coder, but he hasn't done anything difficult. he's just done a lot of basic coding. too much basic coding.
It's a rip-off of a mod which was also simply a quantity mod, and is just a leech who claims he's a great modder, yet he's done little other than coding.

November 19, 2008, 03:49:49 PMReply #16

Offline Scarecrow63

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +37/-30
  • In internet speak, vowels are the first casualty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 03:49:49 PM »
Isn't in the bath, he prefers the shower

November 19, 2008, 06:43:59 PMReply #17

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 06:43:59 PM »
I think he means Z3r0x.

November 20, 2008, 02:01:09 AMReply #18

Offline thomasqw

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 02:01:09 AM »
yer lol i meant Z3r0x my bad. btw soz i haven't heard of SAU, ill look into it. but i do love what Z3r0x has done. but mostly cause it had CIS stuff like the lucrulk and the province class (i think thats the general grievous Ship). still super awesome star destroyers NICE. 
WE ARE ANONYMOUS

WE ARE LEGION

WE DO NOT FORGIVE

WE DO NOT FORGET

EXPECT US

November 20, 2008, 12:27:11 PMReply #19

Offline vadereclipse

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 12:27:11 PM »
i wouldn't bother looking for SAU.
it's a big laggy map of obscure planets using the same maps as another planet map, all in the wrong position, with poor units which are seen in any other mod. it was the precursor of AOTR.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!