Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Zann Consortium-Overpowered?  (Read 138735 times)

June 17, 2012, 04:47:43 PMReply #60

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: Zann Consortium-Overpowered?
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2012, 04:47:43 PM »
Kalo, would you mind cleaning up your post?

The ZC is very easy to beat as the Empire. I started on tech level 5 on Equal Footing. The key is to be aggressive. As soon as the game starts, form all your heroes and any other available ships and attack. Leave Mohc behind to build Darktroopers, and have Palps ready to remove corruption. Deny the ZC black markets on Imperial worlds, and they'll never have disruptors or cloak. When you have the funds, build Vader, and you're set. Oh, and make sure to have Defenders, a Phantom squad (drop them in first to set up a staging area for so you drop the Executor on top of them and not worry about maneuvering it around, since we all know how fast it is), and leave pop for an Interdictor (so no one escapes).
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

June 17, 2012, 05:54:39 PMReply #61

Offline Kalo

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +31/-23
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2012, 05:54:39 PM »
The ZC is very easy to beat as the Empire. I started on tech level 5 on Equal Footing. The key is to be aggressive. As soon as the game starts, form all your heroes and any other available ships and attack. Leave Mohc behind to build Darktroopers, and have Palps ready to remove corruption. Deny the ZC black markets on Imperial worlds, and they'll never have disruptors or cloak. When you have the funds, build Vader, and you're set. Oh, and make sure to have Defenders, a Phantom squad (drop them in first to set up a staging area for so you drop the Executor on top of them and not worry about maneuvering it around, since we all know how fast it is), and leave pop for an Interdictor (so no one escapes).

Beating an AI Consortium is not the same as trying to beat a competent player who knows just how ridiculous they are.

Codeuser says:
STUPID JFK

June 17, 2012, 06:54:00 PMReply #62

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2012, 06:54:00 PM »

Beating an AI Consortium is not the same as trying to beat a competent player who knows just how ridiculous they are.

Very true.  They are absolutely the worst if someone knows what they're doing with them.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

June 17, 2012, 07:17:20 PMReply #63

Offline subame

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2012, 07:17:20 PM »
that..sounds horrible. jesus christ, im glad i dont play multiplayer.
"There are too few idealists in this universe,-"Thrawn

June 17, 2012, 07:20:18 PMReply #64

Offline Zsinj

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2012, 07:20:18 PM »
I play against those people all the time (Assuming i can find a FOC multiplayer game anymore) I still beat them because I know how those people work because I admit I am one of those people who understand how ridiculous they are.
"No, I never really would have asked you to kiss him."―Han Solo, to Chewbacca

June 17, 2012, 09:57:08 PMReply #65

Offline subame

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2012, 09:57:08 PM »
yeah i skip the multi, my internet sucks and cuts out from time to time, its annoying while playing a console  shooter, sure wouldn't wanna get cut out of a longer game.

June 17, 2012, 10:54:27 PMReply #66

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2012, 10:54:27 PM »
that..sounds horrible. jesus christ, im glad i dont play multiplayer.

It's like trying to stop the Flood from absorbing all life! You have to Death Star EVERYTHING to sanitize the galaxy!(Of course they can even F*** this up by using IG88 to hack the Death Star)
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

June 17, 2012, 10:56:38 PMReply #67

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2012, 10:56:38 PM »
It's like trying to stop the Flood from absorbing all life! You have to Death Star EVERYTHING to sanitize the galaxy!(Of course they can even F*** this up by using IG88 to hack the Death Star)

Yeah, you have to keep the DS moving at all times.  Soon as you blow something up, get it out of there.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

June 18, 2012, 01:37:44 AMReply #68

Offline subame

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2012, 01:37:44 AM »
i kinda wanna go on a death star rampage now....

June 18, 2012, 12:55:00 PMReply #69

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2012, 12:55:00 PM »
I have never played a multiplayer game, but I assume that only true masters of the game could play well as the ZC. Most others would just flaunt their ridiculousness, making them reckless and easy targets. Am I thinking about this right, Zsinj?
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

June 18, 2012, 12:57:51 PMReply #70

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2012, 12:57:51 PM »
That isn't how being overpowered works. There's no such thing as recklessness when you can't lose.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

June 18, 2012, 02:47:23 PMReply #71

Offline Zsinj

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2012, 02:47:23 PM »
Yes Revanchist couldn't have said it better myself except I agree with Corey about Recklessness. though i do admit that their fighters have a pretty op ability the buzz droids can just obliterate a few squadrons of fighters in mere seconds. And if you don't know how to use them effectively the more competent player will win.

June 19, 2012, 12:50:29 PMReply #72

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2012, 12:50:29 PM »
That isn't how being overpowered works. There's no such thing as recklessness when you can't lose.

The thing is, you can lose, because the ZC is not invincible. It can merely strike fast and hard, meaning you have to strike harder and faster, and outlast the fleets that they spend a boatload of money on to attack you.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

June 19, 2012, 01:35:06 PMReply #73

Offline Kalo

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2012, 01:35:06 PM »
The thing is, you can lose, because the ZC is not invincible. It can merely strike fast and hard, meaning you have to strike harder and faster, and outlast the fleets that they spend a boatload of money on to attack you.

Someones never been Vengeance spammed. Or, choked out of all of their money before they can even "strike harder and faster".

Codeuser says:
STUPID JFK

June 19, 2012, 01:39:45 PMReply #74

Offline Zsinj

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2012, 01:39:45 PM »
It does annoy me when people do that but i always make precautions to prevent that but i do admit i sometimes forget to do that and that came to bite me back hard

June 19, 2012, 05:17:24 PMReply #75

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2012, 05:17:24 PM »

Someones never been Vengeance spammed. Or, choked out of all of their money before they can even "strike harder and faster".

Oh, trust me, I have been Vengeance spammed on many occasions. However, if you keep the Black Market from opening on your worlds, they can't cloak and sneak up on you. Then you can just take out the mass drivers, making them virtually useless. For the Agressor, take down the shields, then the cannons, and same story. The only really challenging ones are the Keldabes. And as to the money issue, just build mining facilities on coruscant. Three mining facilities, on top of the usual provided ones given you at the start of the game (on Equal Footing) will allow you to net 5,000+ credits a day. And Darktroopers are cheap and effective on land.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

June 19, 2012, 11:07:12 PMReply #76

Offline Kalo

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2012, 11:07:12 PM »
Oh, trust me, I have been Vengeance spammed on many occasions. However, if you keep the Black Market from opening on your worlds, they can't cloak and sneak up on you. Then you can just take out the mass drivers, making them virtually useless. For the Agressor, take down the shields, then the cannons, and same story. The only really challenging ones are the Keldabes. And as to the money issue, just build mining facilities on coruscant. Three mining facilities, on top of the usual provided ones given you at the start of the game (on Equal Footing) will allow you to net 5,000+ credits a day. And Darktroopers are cheap and effective on land.

The problem is that the Consortium can frequently open up corruption for no punishment. They can additionally spam these Vengeance Frigates without any problems because hey, they have the highest income in the game. Also, when I said Vengeance spam? I should have added that most don't actually use them, they cloak and self destruct and you can't counter this unless you have a Hero.

Codeuser says:
STUPID JFK

June 30, 2012, 11:26:58 PMReply #77

Offline rumiks

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2012, 11:26:58 PM »
zc fly there capitol ships through asteriod fields without a scratch if a reb or imp did it he would lose or nearly lose his ship the buzz driods in a fighter war is ridiculas it just rips your fighters apart even if you tell them to move 100 times they keep going back to fight the shipsthe inviability and blowing up is a trick that shits me off and them sabotaging you every fucking time they can also annoys me to hell so yes i do belive they are over powered they should have a time period of when the planet has been non corrupted of 10 minutes it cant be again and no fucking buss driod
football (real one) meat pies kangeroos and holden cars i  got qq it is 2320886763@qq.com

September 06, 2012, 01:53:07 PMReply #78

Mr X

« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2012, 01:53:07 PM »
I find the Zann Consortium sometimes boring but I would not call them over powered. Yes they can counter everything you throw at them but I think the idea of the consortium was a powerful distraction army.
I think the amount of complaints this game has got for including the Zann consortium is the reason their has been no more empire at war games.

September 08, 2012, 12:31:30 AMReply #79

Offline z741

• Brevet Admiral
  • Harbinger of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2012, 12:31:30 AM »
i personally dont think the ZC is overpowered. I think people are noobs that don't know how to counter them.

Idk how people feel about the plasma cannon being available on lvl 3 stations but its good for the defense and its free.

Whereas the cannon takes out a ton of fighters/a hardpoint the hypvel gun kills a ship and the ion cannon merely kills the shields.

As ZC i have fun with the corruption factor. i dont use slavery anywhere cept for endor (gotta love those little furry ewoks coming into to smash a base to smithereens)

As stated before they are not overpowered. it just takes skill and tactics to defeat them.

focus fire dont let it spread out. if you see a keldabe target the hardpoints one at a time starting with the Mass Drivers (MDs)
Why are people popular in America?
The reason for popularity in America is not because of the media
It is the haters!

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!