Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Zann Consortium-Overpowered?  (Read 138744 times)

December 14, 2008, 10:41:04 PMReply #40

Darth Sleep

Re: Zann Consortium-Overpowered?
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2008, 10:41:04 PM »
The SSD really wasn't that bad to deal with.  You just needed bombers and the SSD was worthless.

But to the point of the Rebellion, it is hard to say they were the best at any phase of the game.

December 15, 2008, 11:17:51 AMReply #41

Offline Delta 07

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2008, 11:17:51 AM »
I hate how the mon cal capitol ships dont have shield generators to destroy with bombers

December 15, 2008, 11:50:57 AMReply #42

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2008, 11:50:57 AM »
Thats to represent that Mon Cal cruisers had redundant generators to make up for weaker hulls.

Tbh, im more annoyed that Home One HAS a targetable shield generator hardpoint.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

December 15, 2008, 12:04:21 PMReply #43

Offline vadereclipse

• Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +28/-27
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2008, 12:04:21 PM »
Home one was crap.
died in almost every battle i fought.

December 15, 2008, 10:12:03 PMReply #44

Offline Admiral Gabriel

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +7/-7
  • Death will come to all
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2008, 10:12:03 PM »
it would be cool if you made every fleet have a flagship that would be targeted first. or formations
Hold your fire. Hold your fire Admiral? What are paying by the laser now.

There ship has been damaged death will come to them in a slow and very painful way.

Yes sir!!!!!!!!!!

December 25, 2008, 09:30:50 PMReply #45

Offline Corusca Fire

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2008, 09:30:50 PM »
I think that the consortium space is overpowered because they don't have tech level restrictions. That is supposed to be balanced out by the lack of abilities until purchase, but their ships are powerful already, including BOTH of their capitals.
Makes the game more challenging; and makes them more fun to shoot down, i mean fight. :angel:

But it also takes away from the star wars feel

June 26, 2009, 09:47:30 PMReply #46

DucksofGrass

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2009, 09:47:30 PM »
Same here, the consortium has way too much power, especially since they have grenadiers..

June 28, 2009, 08:34:28 PMReply #47

wolf305

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2009, 08:34:28 PM »
i think they are to overpowered >:(

June 28, 2009, 11:52:28 PMReply #48

wizardington

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2009, 11:52:28 PM »
they are WAY to over powered

July 03, 2009, 06:45:56 PMReply #49

spacelazerzzz9000

« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2009, 06:45:56 PM »
the corruption thing is just boring and they are such a distraction to the classic rebels vrs empire.

July 15, 2009, 10:29:00 AMReply #50

Rouge12

« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2009, 10:29:00 AM »
they may be overpowered and may take away from the reb vs. emp. but i don't mind them cause they add something to the SW universe.  not everything is black and white you have the gray area where ppl are working only for their own good.

July 15, 2009, 11:46:11 PMReply #51

Offline Admiral Gabriel

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +7/-7
  • Death will come to all
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2009, 11:46:11 PM »
Zann overpowered. But the Ai doesnt full use it so cares
Hold your fire. Hold your fire Admiral? What are paying by the laser now.

There ship has been damaged death will come to them in a slow and very painful way.

Yes sir!!!!!!!!!!

February 08, 2011, 07:43:04 PMReply #52

Offline Pentastar Enforcer

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-2
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2011, 07:43:04 PM »
Everyone we all know that the Zann Consortium completely ruined SWEAW first off, they weren't even real canon, second, how does a PIRATE GANG own a third of the galaxy!?!?! then theres the heroes where you can take over planets with pretty much, than theres the kedable battle ships and swarms of skipray bombers, of course no one can forget the merc assault squads, grenadiers, and canderous assault tanks that somehow easily murder ATATs, they ruined the game completely, they made me not want to play empire at war, than i got this mod, and now I'm happy!!!  =D
The Galactic Empire - The best thing to happen to the galaxy since Midichlorian counts.

January 22, 2012, 03:02:02 AMReply #53

Offline Racoonjones

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2012, 03:02:02 AM »
There's one crucial fact that you are all overlooking. Coming from someone who has played each faction extensively, the Consortium actually comes out much weaker than the other two factions in the endgame. If the empire or rebellion player is at all clever they just need to remove corruption and outproduce the consortium. Its a tactic that works almost every time.

Their units are all based on offense. They have horrible defensive qualities that can be easily exploited by a skilled player. Their Aggressors are useless once the main cannon is destroyed, the same goes for the vengeance. The ships are glass cannons, massive damage output with extremely fragile hulls. Meanwhile their fighters and bombers get outclassed by late game imperial and rebellion ships. While early in the game the Consortium is very powerful, later on they scale very poorly, and easily lose a war of attrition with any of the major powers. As for the consortium's hereos, while they're powerful, they have nothing on the rebellion's heroes, or even some of the empires heroes. Silri is good but loses to any of the jedi or sith, and Tyber Zann's bribe is no less over powered than the emporers corrupt ability which does the same thing.

Yea but that my point you can still take it out even if you are the rebels. which suck by the way. The Empire and consortium are more or less toe to toe. The rebels are the weakest. Although I still can take them out but it takes a hell of a lot longer playing as the rebels
This, i have to disagree with entirely. They aren't weak, they require tactics to use. If the rebels are used correctly they are the most powerful faction in the game, between their heroes and ability to produce large amounts of extremely powerful fighters and bombers, they can outmaneuver and defeat any other fleet. I've seen it done, they just take skill.

May 03, 2012, 01:18:41 PMReply #54

Offline Thrashia

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2012, 01:18:41 PM »
I found the easiest way to deal with the ZC was to beat them in space, use Boba Fett to kill of their heroes whenever they popped up, and use massive armies of AT-ATs led by Veers to take their planets one-by-one. I also go into the habit of stationing a Fleet Commander over every single one of my worlds so that I could immediately begin removing corruption.
"You may win the occasional battle against us, Vorrik, but the Empire will always strike back." - Gilad Pellaeon

C'baoth: "You doubt the power of the Force, Grand Admiral Thrawn?"
Thrawn: "Not at all. I merely present the problems you and the Force will have to solve if you continue with this course of action."

May 28, 2012, 06:58:21 PMReply #55

Offline Lord_jacob

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2012, 06:58:21 PM »
zann consortium is way over-powered. you cant even play as the empire or rebels with them in the game!

May 28, 2012, 09:27:05 PMReply #56

Offline Zsinj

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2012, 09:27:05 PM »
Thats why i beat Zann all the time as the Empire. All you need is Strategy and Tactics.
"No, I never really would have asked you to kiss him."―Han Solo, to Chewbacca

May 29, 2012, 12:34:32 AMReply #57

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2012, 12:34:32 AM »
Thats why i beat Zann all the time as the Empire. All you need is Strategy and Tactics.

That's absolutely right. Strategy and Tactics will always beat brute force. In a 2 player game, the ZC player is usually overconfident that they have the superior firepower, so that leaves them open to a skillful tactician.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

June 17, 2012, 09:34:27 AMReply #58

Offline subame

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2012, 09:34:27 AM »
actually, i did not realize how bad they were until i loaded up a GC and they started sabotaging. everything. mother of god.
"There are too few idealists in this universe,-"Thrawn

June 17, 2012, 10:13:15 AMReply #59

Offline Kalo

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +31/-23
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2012, 10:13:15 AM »
actually, i did not realize how bad they were until i loaded up a GC and they started sabotaging. everything. mother of god.

Honestly? Corruption creates such a negative feedback loop. Like, no matter how well the Rebellion or Empire does early game or even all game, Corruption allows the Consortium to do a series of gameplay mechanics to which there is no counter for. "BUT, BUT KALO, YOU CAN STOP CORRUPTION"

Fuck that. You have to go out of your way to stop it by taking Ackbar/Thrawn out of your fleet, send them to a planet, spend a fuck ton of cash to remove it? OH, AND IT TAKES A LONG ASSED TIME. Oh, and it's really easy for the Consortium to easily replace said corruption. After all broman, the Consortium has the highest credit gain in the game.

Oh and that doesn't even stop it! Consortium Heroes? Innately galactic stealthed! And with enough micro management Urai Fenn and Tyber Zann can kill any of your heroes with no challenge at all.

Codeuser says:
STUPID JFK

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!