Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Naming Squadrons  (Read 2288 times)

September 13, 2008, 06:47:12 PM

harddifficulty

Naming Squadrons
« on: September 13, 2008, 06:47:12 PM »
I have been trying to figure out for a long time now how to name individual squadrons as you can capital ships. For example: An X-Wing squadron in game is just class fighter. I wanted to add a little more realism for myself by naming it Blue Squadron or a random name from a selection like Nerf Herder's, Banta Bombers, ect. Looking through XML files I saw that they have the name X-Wing only but it never works. I have tried the following text format names to make squadrons have names with X-Wing as an example.
X-Wing
X-Wing_Squad
X-Wing_Squads
"X-Wing_Squadron" this is actual name
Rebel_Fighter
Rebel_X-Wing_Squadron
Xwing
and many others.
Does anyone know how you can put names for squadrons in game to add a little more flavor to the game? Or is that just not possible.

September 13, 2008, 07:43:08 PMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Naming Squadrons
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 07:43:08 PM »
There's more to giving ships names than just making the text files. However, I'm pretty sure several people have been trying to do this with fighter squadrons for years now, and nobody's succeeded. I've personally never bothered to look into it though.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!