Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Are ground based bombing runs invincible?  (Read 1742 times)

January 17, 2020, 10:16:14 AM

Offline Artigo

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Are ground based bombing runs invincible?
« on: January 17, 2020, 10:16:14 AM »
Just wondering if it's still possible to take them down before they reach their mark.  At least, they've had their survivability increased, right?  Reason I ask, is in the maps I actually try to defend (where the power generator is actually placed under the shield), I tend to make an array of air defense from every possible angle.  However, the bombers always get through.  I've watched multiple AT-AA's unloading on the Y-wing runs in complete futility. If I recall correctly, the vanilla bombers were relatively easy to bring down if you had adequate air defense, but in TR not sure.  Is it still worth trying to bring them down?  Or are my 10 ground slots better served with other units?

Thanks

January 18, 2020, 03:18:14 AMReply #1

Offline Zardnaar

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Are ground based bombing runs invincible?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 03:18:14 AM »
You can bring them down but AA-ATs are meh.

Depends on the map as well but you can use the AA turrets. Kessel for has a lot of emplacements in rings so you can set up kill zones.

Mobile defense the bombers kinda need to fly over it not defense at the target area.

I also do a mobile/aggressive defense to bait the AI into bombing a forward position with a fall back position behind that.

Garrison units seem to be unlimited respawn.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 03:21:17 AM by Zardnaar »

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!