Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Megamaser tank nerfed too much?  (Read 1552 times)

July 15, 2019, 06:58:05 PM

Offline Zen-Ken Jamriil

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
  • In all things its best to strive for balance.
    • View Profile
Megamaser tank nerfed too much?
« on: July 15, 2019, 06:58:05 PM »
Is it just me or has the MMT been overly nerfed? I understand it was entirely too powerful before 2.3 and needed tweaking in ability or in price(both) but now it seems virtually useless. It's extremely slow moving, slow firing, short effective firing range, slow to track targets, has relatively low hp(enough to be destroyed easily by medium/heavy tanks), and is only one unit per group. I just had a lone T4-B appear of the FoW and immediately retreat, but in that time take out 3 of them with rockets and blasters. The MMTs couldnt even respond since they also are more prone to moving backwards now so the turret is facing away from oncoming enemies.

This is in addition to the Gilzean(Hands only effective heavy tank) being almost as slow and unable to be fixed by repair stations(bug?) so they will always be lost to attrition since they have no shields.

Maybe there is a purpose to this, but I just updated to 2.3 and started an EotH GC and their ground forces are painfully bad imo. Without mortars tanks with speeder bikes for spotting I would just spam units and take the losses in auto resolving all ground battles at this point.

I just finished a playthrough as Zsinj and having Nightsister cost 2200 and only being able to be built on a single planet, but come with an ability to kill enemies and heal itself, being able to capture build pads, and move faster is a no contest in comparison. 
Is Form VI the most worthy of study? No, but in general it is the most practical.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!