Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Just finished a difficult playthrough...  (Read 2160 times)

May 16, 2019, 11:22:42 PM

Offline Weaver

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • Coloring the galaxy
    • View Profile
Just finished a difficult playthrough...
« on: May 16, 2019, 11:22:42 PM »

...as the Yevetha.

Here she is, the Pride of Yevetha (stolen alien tech).

I chose this playthrough on Admiral to experience what I thought would be the most difficult in the game. And it was difficult, if only because they are just a bastardized Imperial faction, but with no superships or special advantage.

I imagined the way a pissed of race of eons-enslaved aliens might feel, and how they wish to take vegeance against an Empire that wronged them. To that end, I knew my flagship had to be the Hand Phalanx, a representation of the ingenuity and ferocity of the Yevetha.

Ok, getting down to brass tacks--the feedback I have for the mod.

First off, the Yevetha need a buff--some special fighter, ground unit, a dreadnaught, something to make them interesting. I had to unleash 100 of their fighters upon a World Devastator and take it down with planet guns. They are fun to play because they have absolutely nothing unique except the ground units, but I would love to not be totally at a disadvantage against everyone else in every category, to make them more interesting.

Second, the Megamaser tank is INSANELY overpowered and needs a huge nerf. It took out 4 AT-ATs in just a few hits, with barely any damage. It wiped out nearly every ground fleet I had. I recall you are nerfing it, but just thought I'd reinforce how ridiculous it is.

The best way to take down a Megamaser tank?

Flood it with troopers.

I felt like Les Miserables, sending torrents of soldiers out in the streets to shoot down massive tanks. In a way, maybe this is how they are meant to be played.

The Boarding ship shuttles? As much as I enjoyed taking advantage of them (about the only thing the Yevetha have) in a way they are too easy. They rarely got shot down in my playthrough, unless I told them to "attack." On the other hand the mechanic is working sound except...

I had an Allegiance on the battlefield, and took a new Allegiance, and when my units "recinforced" I was missing an Allegiance. I think the script might be bugged a bit. But the new mechanic definitely makes things a little more fun. I would have liked to commandeer World Devastators, though--ESPECIALLY as the Yevetha.

^ A metaphor for playing as the Yevetha

All in all, thank you for this uphill battle, and I am reasonably certain the Yevetha aren't finished yet. I do think they need more varied/unique units to set them apart. I would have liked to see some more exotic ground units to counteract all the devastating tanks the NR and Hand have, and some better fighters for purchase since Yevethan fighters are about as useful as Wraith fighters (ala Stargate Atlantis).

Still, thank you for continuously updating this game and doing it more frequently, and I am looking forward to all the new factions...

Especially the Yuuzhan Vong.

Welcome your new overlords.

P.S.

Here's the whole album for whoever cares: https://imgur.com/a/Kvr0jzC
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 11:26:52 PM by Supreme »

May 17, 2019, 01:44:05 AMReply #1

Offline Katarnstar

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Just finished a difficult playthrough...
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 01:44:05 AM »
Sorry to say this, friend.

But the Yevetha are getting removed as a playable race.

May 25, 2019, 05:33:58 PMReply #2

Offline Mord

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +3/-0
  • Princess Leia has had enough of your shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Just finished a difficult playthrough...
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 05:33:58 PM »
I guess it's for the best you did your Yevetha playthrough now rather than later... :D

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!