Please be nice and KINDLY let me know if this is posted in the wrong place for the forum. I'm not what you call "Practiced" in forum etiquette.
As an unpracticed modder, I admire but don't always understand what I'm looking at in Thrawn's revenge. I appreciate the efforts to keep the data organized, and want to observe it when I mod as well -but don't always succeed. Therefore I ask any experienced modders who preview files posted here be gentle in their responses, as most of what I've attempted has been a learning experience in itself. Custom hero icons and models have been inserted, and may not be as well categorized as others.
This thread is for people like me, who have never modded a game at a code or XML level, with problems in their attempts to build a working mod.
Mord is already aware of my current problem: Using the Demo "Hunt for Zsinj" -Republic faction as a starting point, I started making a modified GC. I removed several planets and re-assigned some triggers in the XML, and then proceeded to add planets one by one. Most were appearing fine. However, others have proven less cooperative. A custom planet I wanted to insert (named Eshan) was inserted manually, and while the planet was appearing, it had [MISSING] as a name, and not the one I'd put into the MasterTextFiles. In fact, none of the soft data for the planet was showing up. Not the populace, the weather, or the encyclopedia inserts.
Mandalore, however, is proving my biggest problem. It is not appearing at all, and nothing I have been doing can seem to change it.
I think Mord's advice about it being a conflict in the GameObjectFiles.xml may be on the mark, as I encountered a similar problem with Geonosis. However I still haven't solved it, so I'm going to attempt to upload the problematic file for perusal later.
Note: Yes, there are 3 Planets XML files listed, but I uploaded only the one that Mandalore is in. (TR has 3, and I only tweaked them, rather than make my own)
(NOTE: I tried making a duplicate of the whole campaign and renaming it, but it kept failing, so ultimately what I did was I backed up what files I could and toyed with the original Zsinj campaign file so I could learn. Please don't hate me! If I could get proper instruction on renaming these files, I'd be very much obliged.)