Imperial Civil War [Empire at War] > Discussion, Suggestions & Feedback

How Do You Use Praetors?

(1/3) > >>

Zardnaar:

As the title says.

This is basically how do you use them. UI used to build a double Praetor fleet, but have since been leaning towards 1 Praetor+ 2 Tectors and using it as a flagship. This is for the IR and Eridu. The Pentastar ALignment can build them but I am not a massive fan of them in that faction as I tend to build carrier type fleets and its hard to get a tector replacement (ISD IIs don't quite cut it).

tlmiller:
For the EA, I don't use them.  I use Tectors + ISD-II's + VSD-II's.  They're great for defensive fleets, but by the time I can afford them I have no need for them.  Offensively, they're tanks but are so slow they're not worth using (IMO) due to their (comparatively) low offensive output for their size.

For the PA, I do use them simply because they don't have any other ships that can protect their fragile carriers.  So I'll have a single Praetor in a fleet as a flagship, drop it more or less center of combat and build slightly behind it so that it protects all my carriers disgorging the bombers, and have a few ISD-II's and VSD's to help actually defeat things.

Zardnaar:

--- Quote from: tlmiller on February 07, 2019, 09:35:25 AM ---For the EA, I don't use them.  I use Tectors + ISD-II's + VSD-II's.  They're great for defensive fleets, but by the time I can afford them I have no need for them.  Offensively, they're tanks but are so slow they're not worth using (IMO) due to their (comparatively) low offensive output for their size.

For the PA, I do use them simply because they don't have any other ships that can protect their fragile carriers.  So I'll have a single Praetor in a fleet as a flagship, drop it more or less center of combat and build slightly behind it so that it protects all my carriers disgorging the bombers, and have a few ISD-II's and VSD's to help actually defeat things.

--- End quote ---

Not that radically different. I maybe build 1 or 2 as the EA.

jedi7000nathan:
Well not counting the Thalassa of course if you aren't using that as Eraidu Authority you are doing it wrong, personally I find Praetors good as a flagship for fleets that don't have a dedicated big ship like an Executor or Bellator, though they have to be supported by carriers as they have no hanger bays

Revanchist:

--- Quote from: jedi7000nathan on February 09, 2019, 08:50:02 PM ---Well not counting the Thalassa of course if you aren't using that as Eraidu Authority you are doing it wrong, personally I find Praetors good as a flagship for fleets that don't have a dedicated big ship like an Executor or Bellator, though they have to be supported by carriers as they have no hanger bays

--- End quote ---

Pretty sure Praetors have hangar bays, unless something’s changed radically since the last time I played. Tectors and Allegiances are the ones that don’t.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version