Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Limitations of the engine  (Read 1560 times)

October 20, 2018, 05:11:19 PM

Offline Onikenshin

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Limitations of the engine
« on: October 20, 2018, 05:11:19 PM »
I was wondering if it is impossible to change the minimap control scheme bar thing (where most of the buttons, unit selection are) and the ability to zoom out of the map more while still having those controls.

Are map sizes also a limitation?

Is having ships literally screen other ships also a limitation?

October 22, 2018, 05:41:43 PMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Limitations of the engine
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 05:41:43 PM »
Buttons can all be moved. Map sizes are limited to 20x20 for ground (significantly larger than we use) and something for space, but again, much, much larger than we use.

Depends what you mean by literally screen. If you put ships in front of other ships, they'll take hits instead of the thing they're blocking.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

October 23, 2018, 05:45:13 AMReply #2

Offline Grand Admiral Rufaan Tigellinus

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • One of the 13
    • View Profile
Re: Limitations of the engine
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 05:45:13 AM »
I don't see any issues with the screening thing, if anything, it's a helpful tactic, I've saved many a dying Star Destroyer (and various other ships) this way, by shoving a Praetor or an Allegiance into the line of fire.
"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Maybe those nihilist philosophers are right; maybe this is all we can expect of the universe, a relentless crushing of life and spirit, because the equilibrium state of the cosmos is death" - Arthur C. Clarke

"We even ignited the first atomic bomb on the day commemorating the transfiguration of Christ, thus unconsciously signaling that we intended likewise to transform the world, not only after the light but after darkness - with a blast that burned several times hotter than the surface of the sun." - Stanislav Grof, "Human Survival and Consciousness Evolution"

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!