Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Apeiron Kotor mod canceled  (Read 2458 times)

October 11, 2018, 03:41:58 PM

Offline taupin121

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-4
  • Solo Command
    • View Profile
Apeiron Kotor mod canceled
« on: October 11, 2018, 03:41:58 PM »

Hello,

You may have heard that the Apeiron mod for Kotor have been forced to stop devellopement by Lucasfilm.

Is something similar may be expected for TR ?

Source: https://twitter.com/apeiron_kotor/status/1050410619927715840

October 12, 2018, 05:46:07 AMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Apeiron Kotor mod canceled
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 05:46:07 AM »
Technically they have the right to shut down TR for whatever reasons they want, however they have never shown any desire to shut down any actual mods for SW games, even though they're aware of them- the EaW patches were authorized in large part because of mod popularity, for example. Calling Apeiron a mod is a pretty big stretch. It's far more like the old BFIII fangame that was being made which also got shut down a few years ago. They were remaking the game in an entirely different engine, calling it a remake, it was getting represented as such on gaming news sites, and even had apparently registered their team as an actual LLC. While they said it was something that would require having rhe base game installed, it's hard to say what form that would take, since again, it was being made in Unreal. I'm honestly surprised it took this long to get shut down.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

October 21, 2018, 11:19:03 PMReply #2

Offline Pentastar Enforcer

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-2
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
Re: Apeiron Kotor mod canceled
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 11:19:03 PM »
I've never seen the reasoning of cancelling a large scale mod of any sort as long as it requires the base game(s) its made from. The only thing being that there may be a product they wish to sell coming out, but I don't imagine there will be any game involving content from KOTOR specifically coming out anytime soon..
The Galactic Empire - The best thing to happen to the galaxy since Midichlorian counts.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!