Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: reiterating IPV needs a nerf please  (Read 1051 times)

October 08, 2018, 04:55:38 PM

Offline panzerleader

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
reiterating IPV needs a nerf please
« on: October 08, 2018, 04:55:38 PM »
They're obnoxious and they shouldn't last more than 30 seconds with 5 mc40s targeting one, or 5 Victory cruisers, or 5 of anything that isn't a dinky corvette. 95% of everyone's shots miss them.  They soak up ungodly numbers of proton torpedoes, it's ridiculous, 20 b-wing squadrons barely dent the thing.  I just fought battle after battle that it takes longer for my mid sized cruisers to destroy one ipv than it took them to destroy a Victory.  This wouldn't be an issue if the enemy didn't send 15 in every fleet.  Spending the first 5 mins of a battle removing ipvs before my capitals can even engage enemy capitals is causing unnecessary losses in a vain effort to save some fighters/bombers from the ipv swarm.       

They should be overpowered regarding AA capability, that is their role, but the moment a heavy ship comes to bare they are toast, that is their role in a fleet, running away from more powerful enemies instead of sitting there and soaking up an entire fleet's firepower with ease.     

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!