Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Space Stations in Skirmish Mode  (Read 1313 times)

September 30, 2018, 03:39:34 AM

Silver721

Space Stations in Skirmish Mode
« on: September 30, 2018, 03:39:34 AM »
Hi, I just downloaded this mod for the first time today and have been enjoying it so far but I've come across what seems to be an unusual issue. When I play space battles in skirmish, on mod maps, I spawn with a fully-fitted space station with weapons. I do not spawn with any shipyards. The same goes for the AI. I'm playing on the newest version from the steam workshop, and with some google fu I can't seem to find anyone else who has encountered this issue. I have no idea what's causing it. I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone knows why this is happening; this mod seems great and I want to play it the way that it's meant to be played. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find it mentioned anywhere else.

Thanks!

Silver

September 30, 2018, 06:05:13 AMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Stations in Skirmish Mode
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 06:05:13 AM »
Hey Silver, glad you're enjoying the mod. That's not an issue however, that's how it works. You buy your ships from that station, just like in the base game. We used to have the shipyard in skirmish and then Golans on top of that, but in addition to being easily rushed, that would make base game skirmish maps incompatible, which was especially important with the period after multiplayer was re-enabled but before we learned putting new maps into a compressed meg file would stop them from desyncing every time.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 06:07:59 AM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!