Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: capital ships and ssds for greater difference between factions  (Read 2565 times)

September 27, 2018, 06:17:49 PM

robotjp

capital ships and ssds for greater difference between factions
« on: September 27, 2018, 06:17:49 PM »
I noticed other mods have a wider range of capital ships such as the titan (sister line to the allegiance) as well as ssds like the mandator 3 (not the bellator) the assertor, vengence, dominance and imperium as well as the legacy ssd. and the large mon cal ships like the 104 etc. I think putting some of these in the game would allow greater difference between all the imperial factions. Same with a bunch of ground forces from the eu. The mod alliance has a bunce of these ships and units if you want to check them out.

September 27, 2018, 08:28:03 PMReply #1

Offline Jorritkarwehr

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: capital ships and ssds for greater difference between factions
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 08:28:03 PM »
Those ships are almost all fanon, which is not something we're interested in adding.

However, more designs from Legends will continue to be added in future versions. In particular, the Assertor is being worked on, and the Mandator II is planned for Fall of the Republic and will most likely appear in ICW as well. You can also see previews of the Vigil corvette and PX-4 Mobile Command Base on Corey's YouTube channel.

Finally, the Vengeance Super Star Destroyer is already in the mod, as one of the Pentastar Alignment's heroes.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 11:08:46 PM by Jorritkarwehr »

December 25, 2018, 11:07:39 AMReply #2

MrDrProf

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 11:07:39 AM »
So just to be sure, the ICW team is considering adding fanon units to the game?

December 25, 2018, 03:15:53 PMReply #3

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 03:15:53 PM »
So just to be sure, the ICW team is considering adding fanon units to the game?

No, they won't add Fanon ships when there are so many canon (legends) ships that can be used in their place.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

December 26, 2018, 01:24:30 PMReply #4

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 01:24:30 PM »
while there ARE a couple additional ships that could be added, and 1 battlecruiser planned, outside of O:SH they don't fit, and IR is overpowered then anyway
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!