Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Super Capital Shipyards  (Read 1853 times)

September 26, 2018, 06:44:59 PM

Offline Star Defender

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Super Capital Shipyards
« on: September 26, 2018, 06:44:59 PM »
With Super Capital Shipyards on their way in version 2.3 I was just wondering which planets people thought should be able to build these important new resources and whether they should give additional bonuses or have added defenses.

For planets I would say the following should for sure have super capital shipyards: Kuat, Fondor, Corellia, Mon Calamari, Yaga Minor and Byss.

I think planets that could possibly have super capital shipyards are: Bilbringi, Sluis Van, Hast and Hakassi.

In terms of defenses I think that they should remain unarmed, similar to the smaller shipyards, but should have a garrison which includes 2-3 cruisers (MC80b, ISD2, etc.)

Thoughts?

September 26, 2018, 07:58:20 PMReply #1

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Super Capital Shipyards
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 07:58:20 PM »
I basically agree with your shipyards that should get super-cap production.  I will say with most of them going to have the super station in defense (Valedusia/Cardan/Empress), 2-3 Capitals as a garrison would make them EXCEEDINGLY difficult to defeat.  I'd definitely agree with 1, 2 maybe as long as it's MC-80B/ISD-II type not MC-90/Praetor/Allegiance sized ships, 3 is definitely too much.  IMO, obviously.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

September 28, 2018, 10:49:48 AMReply #2

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Super Capital Shipyards
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 10:49:48 AM »
The planets with access to level 4 are currently Sluis Van, Sullust, Yaga Minor, Kuat, N'zoth, Bilbringi, Byss, Mon Calamari and Fondor. There will be some capital ships as garrisons from them, but probably only one or two depending on the ship and faction, as Miller says, we wanna make sure it's not too overbearin, but it definitely won't be stuff like Allegiances or Praetors as the garrisons.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!