Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: NR Era Change Glitch  (Read 2532 times)

August 25, 2018, 07:38:18 AM

Offline Star Defender

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
NR Era Change Glitch
« on: August 25, 2018, 07:38:18 AM »
While playing the New Republic on Admiral difficulty in GC on the End of an Empire campaign I had a glitch where, after defeating Thrawn, an era change glitch would occur. This error resulted in the current era being displayed as Era 4 and resulted in all locked units becoming unlocked (i.e. Viscount Star Defender, Nebula Star Destroyer etc,). Emperor Palpatine would spawn as normal and the era change dialogue was for Era 3. After defeating Emperor Palpatine, however, the era would not advance. The Maw and Koornacht Cluster remained locked, Byss unlocked as normal. Has anyone else experienced this?

I am playing on version 2.2.5 on the retail disc version.

I would like to add that I am really enjoying the game and in awe of all the effort put into it.

August 25, 2018, 01:35:35 PMReply #1

Offline fubbles

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
Re: NR Era Change Glitch
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 01:35:35 PM »
I had the same thing happen in the Art Of War and Essence of War campaign.

August 25, 2018, 07:09:19 PMReply #2

Offline Star Defender

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 07:09:19 PM »
Does that mean the New Republic can't advance past Era 3 or win in Galactic Conquest?

I just downloaded the game a few days ago and Empire's End with them was my first campaign/playthrough.

August 25, 2018, 10:28:08 PMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 10:28:08 PM »
We'll look into it (all of the scripting works entirely differently in 2.3, so either way it'll be fixed next release)

Does that mean the New Republic can't advance past Era 3 or win in Galactic Conquest?

Victory doesn't require getting to any specific era, just taking all the planets.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

August 27, 2018, 09:12:33 AMReply #4

Offline Star Defender

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 09:12:33 AM »
I have an update regarding the glitch.

After waiting 80 days the era progression dialogue for Era 4 will play, the one regarding Daala, the Maw will then open and Daala will appear there. After defeating Daala the Era 5 progression dialogue will appear and the era will advance. The glitch seems to be tied to the Era 3 junction.

I also discovered that the T-47 Airspeeder was locked after the original glitch occurred and that good Luke and bad Luke were present at the same time in 'Era 3'.

There also doesn't seem to be any research related build options relating to the Viscount like the manual indicates there is. Is this an error in the manual or part of the glitch?

Hope this helps

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!