Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Capital Ship Researched but Then Unable to Build  (Read 1621 times)

August 10, 2018, 05:47:15 PM

necrolam75

Capital Ship Researched but Then Unable to Build
« on: August 10, 2018, 05:47:15 PM »
I'm not sure if this was a bug in vanilla SoaSE, so that's why I'm posting here.

I'm playing as the Pentastar Alignment in a 3-way FFA Pentastar/IR/NR, singleplayer. The situation is where I had built my fifth Military Research Lab at a well-defended, frontline planet. The Dominator capital ship tech, which requires five Military Labs, was underway. However, the New Republic attacked the planet with the newest military lab, and managed to destroy it right as the Dominator tech was about to finish. Even so, with only four military labs left, the Dominator tech did finish, and in fact the other techs I queued which require five military labs were in progress still. The issue now is, although the Dominator tech technically finished, Dominator capital ships are still unable for me to build. I can queue them in my build queue, but no progress will be made. I saved and reloaded, but the bug is still there, probably because I have now saved after the bug occurred.

Obviously, I can still make do with different capital ships in my fleets, but the Interdict ability of the Dominator is a key asset I was hoping to utilize, and now I can't.

August 10, 2018, 10:09:51 PMReply #1

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Capital Ship Researched but Then Unable to Build
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 10:09:51 PM »
Once you build a fifth research facility again, you'll be able to build them again.

It's not a bug at all, it's the way the base game is intended to work.  You lose access to any tech that you lose the research facilities for, but regain it as soon as you rebuild the research facilities.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!