Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Commando/Fleet Bypass ground units.  (Read 1481 times)

July 23, 2018, 09:55:14 PM

Offline Slyguy3129

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Commando/Fleet Bypass ground units.
« on: July 23, 2018, 09:55:14 PM »
Empire and other factions (though I only know Empire doesn't. Can't speak for the ones I haven't played) need a unit similar to Han/Chewie. One that can bypass a guarding fleet and land on the planet. I've found that H/C is great for taking out the Hyper Velocity Gun spam. Every faction needs this type of unit. Either through building it or through heroes. I thought the Shadow Troopers Empire gets would do that. I was wrong lol. Honestly couldn't tell what the point of them were other than a limited amount could be built. I'm sure numbers has something to do with it, but I didn't notice them being any better than Storm Troopers.

July 23, 2018, 11:24:04 PMReply #1

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Commando/Fleet Bypass ground units.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 11:24:04 PM »
I honestly wish they would just color the Novatroopers black and get them to be Shadow stormtroopers because the Novatroopers don't feel more powerful than the normal stormtroopers in practice to be honest.
Another reason why is that Shadow Stormtroopers (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_stormtrooper) have a lot of fluff to them; while Novatroopers (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Novatrooper) have way less fluff.
I like your idea of stealth Shadow Stormtroopers.
"I am not the Lord Darth Vader--I do not spend my men recklessly. Nor do I take their deaths lightly."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

July 23, 2018, 11:53:49 PMReply #2

Offline Slyguy3129

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 11:53:49 PM »
Oh is it Nova Troopers? I got the name wrong! The ones you can build as Empire but only like 5 of them. Yea, Empire and other factions desperately need some sort of stealth unit like Han/Chewie. Drop them in, destroy HVGs retreat, send in the fleet.

July 24, 2018, 12:18:09 AMReply #3

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 12:18:09 AM »
You can actually get 15 Novatroopers, pause the game and build five of them from three different planets but the game will only allow a max of fifteen.
"I am not the Lord Darth Vader--I do not spend my men recklessly. Nor do I take their deaths lightly."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!