Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: New-ish here...  (Read 2223 times)

July 19, 2018, 11:06:24 PM

Offline cab0oze

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
New-ish here...
« on: July 19, 2018, 11:06:24 PM »
So I kinda dove right into posting questions and bugs, but I find myself coming back here reasonably frequently and playing the mod more than I have time for, so might as well introduce myself...

I got into Star Wars back around 1996 when I found a book at the library with a really cool cover. Biggest book I ever tackled (probably about ~500ish pages) but it changed my life, and when I found out there were movies that had been made I found a parents friend who had them on VHS and immediately became addicted. I must have watched them 50x. Read all of the books available. Then special edition came out...
Anyway then I got old and stopped having time for reading, games etc., and the atrocious additions to the series (1-3) came out and steered me even further away.

A few months ago when I was going through old stuff at my parents house I found my New Rebellion CD, and a list of names I had come up with for my ships lol. Brought back so many good memories.
Then I found out about EAW, installed that, and have been hooked ever since. Once I got tired of it, I found out about this mod and this has been taking up all my time lately. My Star Wars knowledge is super rusty apparently, there are a lot of names/ships/planets etc I don't recognize...

Anyway, I'm Jesse, I'm from Snow Mexico, and when I'm not playing this, I'm out flight testing experimental aircraft (my job)

...and thanks again, I love what you have guys have done with the game, outstanding work!

-edit-
Oh! Something else, I used to work on mods back in the day (e.g the Star Wars Conversion for C&C Red Alert, if any of you are old enough to remember the good ol' C&C days...) so I know what it's like trying to work on a mod/handle a website/etc, and part of the reason I'm posting here to show my support rather than just downloading the mod and running.

-edit2-
here it is: http://timemachine.cncworld.org/ra2sw/index.htm
No screenshots work though... would need to reupload them lol. Only screenshot I can find on google is the background for the menu screen. Looks so dated...

Oh, but the unit info pictures show! :D
http://timemachine.cncworld.org/ra2sw/eunits.htm
http://timemachine.cncworld.org/ra2sw/runits.htm

« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 11:17:45 PM by cab0oze »

July 22, 2018, 05:15:31 PMReply #1

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: New-ish here...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 05:15:31 PM »
Welcome-ish here
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

July 24, 2018, 01:50:42 PMReply #2

Offline Mika-Chan, A.I yandere

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +21/-12
  • Totally not playing Doki Doki Literature Club
    • View Profile
    • steam account of anime
Re: New-ish here...
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 01:50:42 PM »
Welcome your face back-ish to the forum
Discord: Discord-Chan#2051

I dont have multiple personality disorder im just crazy(its the good crazy)

also admiring my senpai

92% of teens have moved on to (c)rap. if you are one of the 8% who listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig

for mando'a translation http://www.mandoa.org/

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!