Mod & Network News > News & Updates

Fighter Rebalancing Preview

(1/2) > >>

Corey:
While not a massive change, I've started going through and adjusting some of the stats on fighters. Here's a quick look at what some of the upcoming fighter stats are for ICW2.3, FotR 0.5 and some other stuff. A few are missing since I only took one screenshot and it's a pretty long list.

taupin121:

I think you forgot the link or the picture. I believe you said you inspired yourself from the tabletop X-Wing game and the old RPG sourcebook for some fighter stats. I'm curious to see what's the result.

Grand Admiral Rufaan Tigellinus:

--- Quote from: taupin121 on July 19, 2018, 05:14:08 AM ---I think you forgot the link or the picture. I believe you said you inspired yourself from the tabletop X-Wing game and the old RPG sourcebook for some fighter stats. I'm curious to see what's the result.

--- End quote ---

Don't question the emperor.

Corey:
The link broke, it should work now.

tlmiller:
Yup, can see now.

A few things that struck me right away:

1.  the T-Wing is known for being extremely fast (similar to tie/In) but lousy maneuverability and it shows slower than a Tie/Ln but higher turn rate.  Also they had noticeably weaker shields than the A-Wing they were intended to replace, but ranked identical (although given the z-95 also ranked the same, maybe the A-Wing shields should be bumped up just a tiny, like a 2 points?).
2.  Z-95 & X-Wing shields rated the same, the X-Wing definitely had stronger shields than the Z-95.
3.  The Tie/Ad vs. the Tie/In seems off.  I'm guessing it's to make the In usable without making the Ad overpowered, so makes sense why it was done, but the Ad was ever so slightly faster than the In, and should be similar turn, where the Ad is listed with a lower turn rating than the Ln.
4.  If the tri-fighter listed is the Invid's Tri-fighter, they were equipped with shields (albeit minimal), it's rated 0.  If it's the CSA droid tri-fighter, than disregard.
5.  Wow, no wonder the Tie/d Defender is such a beast with those ratings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version