Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: New version of game, lags and crashes  (Read 2177 times)

June 25, 2018, 11:25:29 AM

Thorwyn

New version of game, lags and crashes
« on: June 25, 2018, 11:25:29 AM »
Hi,
I played your mod (Nice work!) on disc version of EaW:Gold for quite some time, the last version was 2.1 or 2.2, I believe. I took a half-year break and now thanks to Summer Sale I bought Steam version and subscribed to the mod immediately. Unfortunately that's where problems started - when I played on disc version and older patch of the mod it worked quite nicely, except freezes once in few games.
Now, whenever I launch either vanilla, FoC or ICW it becomes unbearably laggy, both in GC screen and land/space, but ICW is worst of them by far(in terms of FPS). I checked every possible setting but to no avail, and I noticed I had "Intel 4000 graphics" (or something along those lines) in upper corner of video options. I'm not sure whether it was there in disc version, as I no longer have it; I tried all possible solutions I found: change settings in NVidia panel, edit graphics xml file and comment out Intel part, change Shader and Water stuff in Win registry, then reinstalled the game because neither worked.
Any ideas?

June 25, 2018, 10:30:46 PMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: New version of game, lags and crashes
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 10:30:46 PM »
Have you tried changing the video card settings attached to Steam itself? That can sometimes make it load using whatever Steam is using, which may be your Intel chip.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

June 26, 2018, 02:21:21 AMReply #2

Offline Thorwyn

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 02:21:21 AM »
Steam is automatically set to NVidia, to no effect in game.

June 27, 2018, 01:37:08 PMReply #3

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 01:37:08 PM »
When you're forcing the graphics card in the Nvidia control panel make sure you're selecting the right .exe.  Although the disk version used swfoc.exe I believe the Steam version now uses StarWarsG.exe since the latest patches.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

June 28, 2018, 11:00:09 AMReply #4

Offline Thorwyn

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 11:00:09 AM »
Yeah, I literally set everything that sounds even similar to Star Wars to Nvidia

June 30, 2018, 05:29:52 PMReply #5

Evan O'Donnell

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 05:29:52 PM »
I played the game about a month ago (it worked fine) and just downloaded the new version of the mod but now every time I launch it the game crashes. I’ve reinstalled everything and it’s still doing it. Any suggestions?

July 01, 2018, 03:00:12 AMReply #6

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 03:00:12 AM »
I've updated the download since yesterday, try redownloading.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!