Imperial Civil War [Empire at War] > Discussion, Suggestions & Feedback

New Units thought.

(1/5) > >>

t78:
Are suggestions for new units welcome, or is the team satisfied by the rosters as they are? Just had some thoughts regarding warlord rosters.

P.s.: Transports are extremely tough- entire squadrons of fighters fail to down even one. Am intrigued.

Lord Xizer:
The sub mod I and a couple others are working on will have some new units.
TIE shuttle, Assault Shuttle as ground air units for Maldrood and Zsinj respectively
Trandoshan Slavers for Maldrood, Kazrak slavers for Pentastar
All Seven Dark Jedi in one squad for Pentastar, Dark Side Elite in squad with Sedriss
Royal Guards for Palpatine
Flame troopers
Diverse alien infantry for NR
Juggernaut missiles
Expanded Grand Admiral bonuses that stack
Luke's Jedi Academy
Vagaari, Nuso Esva units, Ssi Ruuk for EotH only GC.

turtle225:
Yeah transports have a lot more health than in vanilla but they still get shredded by corvettes. Keep your fighters in the battle and just send a corvette or two.

t78:

--- Quote from: Lord Xizer on June 09, 2018, 01:54:02 PM ---The sub mod I and a couple others are working on will have some new units.
TIE shuttle, Assault Shuttle as ground air units for Maldrood and Zsinj respectively
Trandoshan Slavers for Maldrood, Kazrak slavers for Pentastar
All Seven Dark Jedi in one squad for Pentastar, Dark Side Elite in squad with Sedriss
Royal Guards for Palpatine
Flame troopers
Diverse alien infantry for NR
Juggernaut missiles
Expanded Grand Admiral bonuses that stack
Luke's Jedi Academy
Vagaari, Nuso Esva units, Ssi Ruuk for EotH only GC.

--- End quote ---

Interesting. Do you have any "themes" in mind for warlord ground units? I had some thoughts regarding small speeder bike units and mini tanks like the PX 10 for Maldrood (canon explanation being expeditionary units ferried up from the deep core by Kosch), but am unsure. Essentially they'd have lots and lots of cheap and expendable units- even more expendable than infantry or tie maulers.

Space is actually quite easy, I have realised- Zsinj has tough frigates (Nebulon B, Nebulon B2 and dreadnought) with sd firepower, PA carriers, EA capitals plus sphere, IR diverse frigates and Sds, with Maldrood having an all-round roster with a slant towards VSDs.  Ground though is more difficult.  The imperial army roster simply is not as diverse as the imperial navy.

What do you think?

I freely admit I got somewhat entitled in my suggestions previously, so apologies for that Corey.

Mord:

--- Quote from: Lord Xizer on June 09, 2018, 01:54:02 PM ---All Seven Dark Jedi in one squad for Pentastar

--- End quote ---
Sweet Georgia Brown. :o

Good luck with that one, Katarn.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version