Imperial Civil War [Empire at War] > Imperial Civil War Tech Support

Performance

(1/1)

Brennan:
Hi, I am new to Thrawn's Revenge and love the mod! My only issue is that whenever I initiate a ground battle on the planet it takes the game at least 5 mins if not more to show the engagement bar on the top of the screen, this is very annoying and time consuming as when I watch others play the mod it does not do this. There is also some lag, which is suprising. Any suggestions to solve this problem? Thanks!

Here are my specs

GeoFore GTX 1060
Updated Driver
Intel i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz
16 GB Ram
1920x1080, 60HZ

Magus:
"Freeze" upon initiating battles is due to the game autosaving, which simply takes a long time since Petroglyph patched it (side effect of some bigger problems that WERE fixed). You can disable autosave functionality by following these instructions:

Corey:
Magus covered the long battle start time,s but:

--- Quote --- There is also some lag, which is suprising. Any suggestions to solve this problem? Thanks!
--- End quote ---

IF you mean on the galactic map, EaW is a 32 bit program, so it can only use a single CPU core. On larger GCs, there are a ton of active factions and a ton of planets- lag will scale with the amount of each there are. Empire End and Art of wAr are both well over 100 planets, so you will see some lag if your single CPU core strength is only 2.2 GHz. That's also why there's so many different GCs and faction combinations in the mod, so that any PC has at least some that they can run fine. Essence of War is an era-progressive with about 80 planets, so it'd run more smoothly than the 118 planet Art of War and 138 planet Empire's End.

Palaiologos:
Oh, a good way to increase performance (by ten FPS) is to disable multi-core support for EaW. Do that in your control panel for NVidia. It boosted me from 3 FPS on the campaign to about 13 FPS. Slightly slow, but far more playable. Also, do you get huge lag spikes when all the fighters spawn in?

Cassanos:

--- Quote from: Palaiologos on June 10, 2018, 04:07:55 PM ---Oh, a good way to increase performance (by ten FPS) is to disable multi-core support for EaW. Do that in your control panel for NVidia. It boosted me from 3 FPS on the campaign to about 13 FPS. Slightly slow, but far more playable. Also, do you get huge lag spikes when all the fighters spawn in?

--- End quote ---
I have a 3.5GHz multicore (it's an AMD though, which I head have performance problems when running as a singlecore).
How can I turn off multicore support for EaW if I don't use an nVidia mainboard?
I'm running Windows 7.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version