Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Poll

do you plan on boycott solo, or want to see it on the big screen?

Author Topic: Do you plan on watching Solo?  (Read 3458 times)

May 24, 2018, 02:55:09 PM

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
Do you plan on watching Solo?
« on: May 24, 2018, 02:55:09 PM »
Well, the title says it all.
Have fun :)
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 24, 2018, 02:56:39 PMReply #1

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Do you plan on watching Solo?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 02:56:39 PM »
I'll see it wken it's on broadcast tv or possibly a less than perfectly legal free streaming site.  IE - I'll see it when I can see it for absolutely free.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

May 24, 2018, 06:07:27 PMReply #2

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 06:07:27 PM »
I’m watching it because there’s friends that are also going to see it. That’s the only reason really.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 25, 2018, 04:02:01 AMReply #3

Offline taupin121

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-4
  • Solo Command
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 04:02:01 AM »
I didn't go to watch TLJ because there was no way it could have been good after what did TFA. But as I liked Rogue One I gave a try to this one as friends who see it before me say it was in the same range.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 04:03:56 AM by taupin121 »

June 08, 2018, 04:23:41 AMReply #4

Offline Guderian

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 04:23:41 AM »
I will probably give it a try.

I will continue to boycott the new trilogy, didn't watch "The Last Mary Sue", never will unless i am paid a million dollars.
And i won't watch Episode 9 The Return of the Mary Sue (don't know what the title is, but so far i guess it will be a copy of The Return of the Jedi)
Since Rogue One wasn't too bad i might give Solo a try.

June 08, 2018, 05:55:54 AMReply #5

Offline taupin121

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-4
  • Solo Command
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 05:55:54 AM »

Seems the disatisfaction created by the Disneylogie is paying, Solo isn't working well. There's (unrelated ?) rumors that KK will left Lucasfilm in September but I am afraid it will be someone from the same folder that will replace her. I still hope for a change in the (scorched earth) policy regarding the Legends.

June 08, 2018, 10:53:59 PMReply #6

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 10:53:59 PM »
I saw it via pirate for my review. My god, they just don't get it. They think just by diversity cast without actually having said diverse cast DO ANYTHING of note or worth to the plot or focus on the development of them in regards to the story they are catering to different demographics when it seems far more offensive and pointless to inject people solely based on race or sex to check a box off instead of working them well into a story.
Oh yeah, Han now is the same as Rey, just naturally good at all he does, no effort or explanation required. His piloting skills? Not honed from years of crewing a ship, his sabacc skills, beginners luck, his pistol and his NAME are just random bestowments! Don't get me started on droid rights Fembot, the utterly pointless twist on the villain-BEING THE VILLAIN and the movie now bringing TCW revival of someone AGAIN, because why the F not!

They don't seem to get that people want developed stories, with well fleshed out and potent characters that will be enjoyable for years to come, not hey, trendy SJW joke and message here!
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

July 01, 2018, 03:42:24 PMReply #7

Offline Deep Thought

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +3/-0
  • Echani Duelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 03:42:24 PM »
I can't bring myself to see it, which is a shame because from what some people have told me it might be the one spin-off where they might not have done that bad a job.

Sadly, Disney has proven too much of a political machine run by contempt, unthinking people that would rather protest at rallies than have actual open dialogues with those they disagree with. I haven't seen a good movie by them since Wreck-It-Ralph, and their add for the sequel to that was downright offensive!

Solo was a favorite for many of us. I can't stand to risk seeing them abuse the one character I still like.
No, until Roy Disney fires the guy who said to him "we could shape the minds of future generations with this" (not to mention everyone that guy hired to force his agenda down our throats), Disney is just going to continue screwing things up. I can't in good conscience put money behind that.
There are those who say "May the odds be ever in your favor,"...
Then there are those like me who say "Never tell me the odds!"

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!