Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Weird [MISSING] planets in Essence of War  (Read 1528 times)

May 22, 2018, 05:55:27 AM

MasterTyler

Weird [MISSING] planets in Essence of War
« on: May 22, 2018, 05:55:27 AM »
I just finished a playthrough of Essence of War when I noticed 3 planets named [MISSING]. I controlled one of them, the Imperial Remnant controlled another, and the Empire of the Hand controlled the last. I only found them when I was looking through planets I owned with the D and F keys. I conquered the whole galaxy, except the 2 mystery "planets" and never got the "Victorious" screen. Are the planets there for scripting purposes? Weird thing is, I can manually scroll past the GC map out of bounds to them and they are visible outside the actual minimap, just WAY, WAY to the right on the command bar. I have no idea if this is a bug or not.

May 22, 2018, 12:10:39 PMReply #1

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
Re: Weird [MISSING] planets in Essence of War
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 12:10:39 PM »
Those planets exist as a backstop to prevent the game crashing when one or more of the main factions have been destroyed before one of the era progression event happens.  Essentially it's an inaccessible safe harbour for each faction outside the scope of regular gameplay so that the game doesn't see them as "dead".

Unfortunately as you've discovered it does mean that full-conquest isn't achievable so even though you have effectively "won" the GC it won't end with the victory screen.  Unless and until we can find a better solution I'm afraid that's the compromise we've had to make.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

May 22, 2018, 09:20:30 PMReply #2

MasterTyler

Re: Weird [MISSING] planets in Essence of War
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 09:20:30 PM »
Ah. Thanks for clarifying Slornie. My first thought was that they were scripting related. I was just really confused when I found them.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!