Imperial Civil War [Empire at War] > Imperial Civil War Tech Support

Interesting freeze ups.

(1/1)

Onikenshin:
Ah good to be back, nobody remembers me that's okay.

Been a couple of years since I played last and glad to see the newest updates for Ascendancy and ICW. Naturally I installed everything back on

Love the balancing and the new HUD And UI things but I am running into a problem that seem random to me. I have tried playing the smallest GC and the larger ones, two things happen.

When I stack up a unit, sometimes it's a huge stack, sometimes it is three ships that start on the same planet (So sometimes 30 minutes into the game or 3 minutes) or even move a stack the game will freeze and become unresponsive, requiring me to restart my PC to get it off the screen.

Something I also noticed in the longer games it lets me play is when I save (I made the autosave file read only) it will freeze as well, though I read in the forums about that being a known issue that the developer is looking into.

So that's what I am lookin at, I have not yet played Skirmish matches but that is next on my list. I should not have been lazy and tried it before posting here but oh well I guess.

Anyways, hope nobody else is experiencing this. Hope there's something I can do. Great game.

Corey:
Unfortunately, I don't know what would be causing the first issue. As for this:

--- Quote ---Something I also noticed in the longer games it lets me play is when I save (I made the autosave file read only) it will freeze as well, though I read in the forums about that being a known issue that the developer is looking into.

--- End quote ---

It's not really classified as an "issue", it's an unfortunate side effect of a necessary change. It's not technically freezing, it just takes a while to save, they had to remove certain caching functions while saving because otherwise, you end up with the issue where when you try to load a save file, it would crash because certain memory pointers were above the 2 GB limit, and in other cases saving large save files would result in the file being corrupted. From what I know, PG is looking into opptions for people to disable autosaves specifically, however you're unlikely to see any change on the amount of time it takes to save in general.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version