Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Caamas/Orinda Campaign?  (Read 1963 times)

April 23, 2018, 09:10:04 PM

Offline Zardnaar

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Caamas/Orinda Campaign?
« on: April 23, 2018, 09:10:04 PM »
 The final GC played as the Imperials on Admiral. I am finding it harder than the old Reunification on 2.1 (which I have not tried in 2.2.XYZ).

Has anyone else tried this, it started off well for me I got Bilbringing and advanced as far as Phinder in the east and I have reduced the EotH to 4 planets.

I threw 3 assualt fleets at Mon Calamari (Empress class station+ friends) and they got beaten back (I tend to retreat once I lose a single ship I can;t afford the attrition) and Wedge is flying around in the Lusankya. I have not lost a Bellator yet although it has come close. The AI planets are just bonkers to invade (WW1 style) and Bilbringi and Phinder have changed hands a few times.

Last night befoire I went to bed at 1am (with 6am get up required), Wedges few friends were 8 nebula class, 12 MC90's a few Bothan Assault Cruisers, and supporting ships so all of that + an SSD. I have 5 fleets more or less at full strength but if I mass 3 of them in 1 location I probably am going to lose a shipyard or several planets. My default ships are strike cruisers, a few Tectors and a few ISD IIs left over from the start of the gme (ISDs are defensive fleets).

Overall I think the NR outnumbers me, more planets, better units, and more money. Credits to buy a Praetor or 2 are not there, like Thrawns Empire I have resorted to strike cruisers as losing 2 or 3 of them (or 6) is a lot cheaper than losing VSD's.

Anyway has anyone else tried it? Did I make a mistake early on and not push into the core worlds using the Bellators ASAP? The borders are roughly stable at Phinder, Bilbringi (blockaded by Lusankya+ friends), planet north of Chandrilia and EotH is mostly gone and I lost the deep core. My fortress worlds usually have a full garrison (XR-85s. infantry, artilly, AA walker). turbolasers and full production buildings.

April 24, 2018, 08:17:16 PMReply #1

Offline turtle225

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Caamas/Orinda Campaign?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 08:17:16 PM »
Sounds fun, but I sadly don't have any advice for you atm.

I'm still on the earlier eras but I prefer a difficult game  so I'll definitely be playing Remnant once I get up there.

April 24, 2018, 08:39:45 PMReply #2

Offline DemonKingDan

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • We're the Spark that'll burn down the First Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 08:39:45 PM »
One thing you could try is to sell some of your production buildings and get Tax Collection Agencies, but put them on your Backwater planets (Planets not near the front lines) and build Trade Stations on those same planets. As far as Economy, thats all I got for you. Space Battles, just go in with few ships and start dwindling their numbers until there's only Wedge, same goes for any other faction. Thats all I've got for you, Good Luck!
DemonKingDan, King of the Demons

April 25, 2018, 03:46:14 AMReply #3

Offline Zardnaar

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 03:46:14 AM »
One thing you could try is to sell some of your production buildings and get Tax Collection Agencies, but put them on your Backwater planets (Planets not near the front lines) and build Trade Stations on those same planets. As far as Economy, thats all I got for you. Space Battles, just go in with few ships and start dwindling their numbers until there's only Wedge, same goes for any other faction. Thats all I've got for you, Good Luck!

Economy was not the problem as there is a limit of how many mines you can build now.

I won eventually WW1 style and 0% efficiency. Once I eliminated the Eoth it freed up a fleet and if you can break through the border worlds you can blitz a few behind them.

April 26, 2018, 03:41:52 AMReply #4

Offline Darth Revan

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 03:41:52 AM »
I've not yet tried this GC, but a quick question.  Do you have access to the A9 Floating Fortress?  I know it's only for the PA, but since you can build a Bellator you might be able to build the fortress as well.  Anyway, if you can, build some of the A9's and use their sensor ping to scout out the map.  Against heavily fortified enemy planets, you have to be patient and whittle them down slowly.  Using the sensor ping from the A9's will allow you to send in bombing runs and bombardments at key structures.  TBH, against these heavily entrenched planets, my biggest enemy is if the enemy has any air units.  Other than that, it just takes time.

April 26, 2018, 05:23:55 AMReply #5

Offline Zardnaar

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 05:23:55 AM »
I've not yet tried this GC, but a quick question.  Do you have access to the A9 Floating Fortress?  I know it's only for the PA, but since you can build a Bellator you might be able to build the fortress as well.  Anyway, if you can, build some of the A9's and use their sensor ping to scout out the map.  Against heavily fortified enemy planets, you have to be patient and whittle them down slowly.  Using the sensor ping from the A9's will allow you to send in bombing runs and bombardments at key structures.  TBH, against these heavily entrenched planets, my biggest enemy is if the enemy has any air units.  Other than that, it just takes time.

I don't think that I do. I know where most of the sensor arrays are anyway.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!