Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Thankyou.  (Read 1596 times)

April 21, 2018, 03:23:58 PM

Offline t78

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Thankyou.
« on: April 21, 2018, 03:23:58 PM »
Dear Thrawn's Revenge Team,

Thankyou for creating such a well-thought out, professional looking mod. It has been several days since I began playing 2.2, and the hours of pleasure I have experienced whilst conquering the universe stand as a testimony to the hard work you have put in to finishing 2.2.

The ai has been challenging, and even when it hasn't steamrolled me, I suspect its been too pressured on other fronts and by other factions. The graphics are beautiful, and ship roles have been so carefully laid out, I have been able to very quickly work out what each thing does. I have not felt overwhelmed at all by the choices of ships and vehicles on offer.

What's more, the integration of legends canon with gameplay is stunningly well done. Isard's Revenge is for me the best example of this. The carefully managed swapping of unit types provides variety and balance, and the addition of canon events never feels confusing or forced. I will say no more here because of spoilers, but with this and the era progression system, this mod is beginning to look like a genuinely innovative RTS. It is up there with the latest professional titles like starcraft 2. Yes, really.

The movie ships all feel like they would in the films- ISDs really feel like a centrepiece of a fleet even with all the other battlecruiser and heavy frigate choices. Even the Nebulon Bs feel like they have a role as a well-rounded light frigate that is best used in large numbers.

There some mild bugs- fighters still occasionally scout, even if its unnecessary, one enemy praetor drove past my battleline and just sat there doing nothing, the fighter icon kept whizzing around the map (as seen on Corey Loses), and the Neutron Star didn't release any fighters.

(oh, and the hanger forcefield for the gladiator isn't aligned with the bottom of the hanger, it juts out below the ship)

Really though, these are minor issues. All I really need to do is learn how Assassins, IPVs, Tartans, Crusaders, Lancers and CR-90s are different to each other (as far as I can tell, a CR-90 is better than a Lancer, and a Lancer is better than an Assassin).

There are so many other things I am yet to discover. This mod is extremely well made and FUN. That's all I can say, and all I'd ask for.

Yours sincerely,

T78

I've been wanting to post this for a while, but work has kept me busy.

April 21, 2018, 05:15:56 PMReply #1

Offline turtle225

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Thankyou.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 05:15:56 PM »
Well said.

Even though I've been reporting bugs don't get me wrong, I love this mod.

Thank you as well.

April 21, 2018, 08:45:25 PMReply #2

Offline Zardnaar

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 08:45:25 PM »
+1 from me thanks guys loving it.

April 23, 2018, 11:46:57 AMReply #3

Offline Laimis

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 11:46:57 AM »
thanks, Team for greatest mod in Empire at War:

1) can learn and experience the whole history of the galaxy in one mod.
2) great and unique factions with its own units.
3.) great ships, fighters all like in the movie.

P.s. you are greatest

April 23, 2018, 08:33:45 PMReply #4

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 08:33:45 PM »
Glad you're all enjoying it, we appreciate that you appreciate it. I haven't been able top respond to forum posts quite as much in the last couple weeks as I like, but trust me, we've been reading and we appreciate all the feedback.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

April 25, 2018, 01:06:08 AMReply #5

Offline DemonKingDan

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • We're the Spark that'll burn down the First Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 01:06:08 AM »
From the Entire Thrawn's Revenge Community to you Devs, Thank You for creating one of the Greatest Mods in EaW and FOC History! Cant wait to see Thrawn's Revenge Grow in the Coming Years!
DemonKingDan, King of the Demons

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!