Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Imperial Civil War 2.2 Installation and Troubleshooting Guide & FAQ (READ FIRST)  (Read 17697 times)

April 20, 2018, 04:34:33 AM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
If you would like a visual demonstration of how installation works:

Download .zip version (GoG and Disk) : http://www.moddb.com/mods/thrawns-revenge/downloads/imperial-civil-war-22-the-warlords
Download Steam version: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1125571106

STEAM:

We recommend using the Steam Workshop copy of the mod for Steam ( https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1125571106 ):
Step 1: click subscribe.
Step 2: Once it finished downloading, either launch it using the ingame mod launcher, or add the following to your launch options in Steam by right clicking EaW in your library > properties > set launch options:
STEAMMOD=1125571106

To install it using the downloadable copy:

Right click the ICW22.zip and select "extract here"
Place the mod into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Empire at War\corruption\Mods (Default)

To play the mod via Steam:
-Open Steam and go to Empire at War, right click and select Properties.
-Click Launch Options and add sweaw MODPATH=Mods\Imperial_Civil_War
-Close Properties and click Play, selecting Forces of Corruption.
-To play the original game just reverse the second set of steps and remove MODPATH=Mods\Imperial_Civil_War22 from the Launch Options.

RETAIL DISK:

Place the extracted Imperial_Civil_War folder into Forces of Corruption\Mods,
Place the .bat file into your Forces of Corruption folder (should be with your swfoc.exe).

Result:
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption\Mods\Imperial_Civil_War22\Data\etc...

Double-click the .bat to play

GOG / GOLD PACK:

RETAIL DISK:

Place the extracted Imperial_Civil_War folder into EAWX\Mods,
Place the .bat file into your Forces of Corruption folder (should be with your swfoc.exe).

Result:
C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Star Wars - Empire At War Gold\EAWX\Mods\Imperial_Civil_War22\Data\etc...

Double-click the .bat to play

COMMON PROBLEMS:

1. If you experience crashing on Startup/Perception Failure error/crashing on Starting a GC:
This is generally caused by another mod's AI files being installed to the Data folder for the base game, which interferes with all other mods, sometimes causing crashing. To resolve this, go into your corruption\Data\XML folder and delete the folders named AI and Enum if they exist.

If you experience the above with a disk or retail copy of the game and step 1 didn't work, make sure you have the FoC RAM fix installed:
http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-empire-at-war-forces-of-corruption/downloads/windows-vista-and-windows-7-fix

2. Trying to launch the mod only launches the base game
This most commonly happens if it was extracted improperly and an extra folder got added in between the real folders, ie you end up with:
Mods\Imperial_Civil_War22\Imperial_Civil_War22\Data
In this case, remove the extra Imperial_Civil_War22 folder from the path.

Planets are flashing Red and I Can't Move to Them
This is not a bug - some planets, specifically the Transitory Mists and the Hapans within them, the Duskhan League planets around N'zoth, and Byss and the Maw, are all locked until you reach a certain point in the game. While the graphical effect is annoying, it appears to be an un-editable one from the base game.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 10:23:07 AM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

April 25, 2018, 01:19:50 AMReply #1

Offline DemonKingDan

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • We're the Spark that'll burn down the First Order
    • View Profile
Very Nice Corey! It makes mine look like a Child's Manuel, but hey, I'm not complaining! I should Probably add an extension to here in case people still need help, anyways, Thanks again for trying to help me way back when!
DemonKingDan, King of the Demons

June 28, 2018, 01:50:48 PMReply #2

GreedoNEve

The 2.2 D/L is down

July 05, 2018, 09:45:28 PMReply #3

Offline Slyguy3129

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
If you are getting Exception Errors at start up, try installing this patch:  https://www.gamefront.com/files/foc-vista-patch/download Worked for me.

July 19, 2018, 09:58:27 PMReply #4

Sean

You just go into the FOC folder and essentially replace all the items found in the decompressed RAR folder, right?

July 19, 2018, 10:01:20 PMReply #5

Sean

It gets past the exception error, but then tells me now there's syntax issues.

July 25, 2018, 02:08:50 PMReply #6

kyle borowiak

tried using defreezer on stopped game I saved but when went to load file the game just shut off solution plz if possible

Beesden

December 29, 2018, 09:13:57 AMReply #7

Offline sniva

• Recruit
    • View Profile
So I downloaded the mod and did everything the video said (Im using a GOG game), then checked to make sure that everything looked like it did in the video. It did. When I double clicked the .bat, it gave me the following error: "Unable to locate the installation path of Star Wars Empire at War. Cannot run the Forces of Corruption expansion." The same error popped up when I then tried to run FOC normally. I tried a few fixes, none of them worked, so I just reinstalled the games and now they work fine, but I dont have the mod. I wanna try again; does anyone know what might have gone wrong?

September 30, 2019, 04:43:51 AMReply #8

Offline huntermad

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Was there an improvement in performance in Steam version after the patchs or they could only work on stability?

Want to buy from Steam but 2.3.3 light doesn't work well on my computer while 2.2.5 was smooth enough?

January 25, 2020, 05:22:14 PMReply #9

Offline Traon

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
Just had some issues getting this working on steam, looks like the 'Mods (Default)" directory isn't working wit the steam Launch Options (Kept sending me to original FoC) - had to rename the directory to 'Mods" for it to work i.e. my end mod path is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Empire at War\corruption\Mods\Imperial_Civil_War225

Just in case anyone else is having similar problems.

This is for ICW235 (I know directory says 225, but the download was for 235 so I assume the folder structure version wasn't incremented).

June 17, 2023, 04:47:47 PMReply #10

Offline Bolfry

• Recruit
    • View Profile
I have the GOG Gold version
I don't see anywhere to download anything after v 2.2
I downloaded 2.2
unpacked it into the folder (created as specified)
There is no .bat in the archive to move and launch the mod that I can find - where is it?
Where can I get later iterations? (I have no plans on buying a 4th copy of this game, I've bought it twice retail and once on GOG)

July 21, 2023, 06:33:34 AMReply #11

Offline LeahWebb

• Recruit
    • View Profile
I have the GOG Gold version
I don't see anywhere to download anything after v 2.2
I downloaded 2.2
unpacked it into the folder (created as specified)
There is no .bat in the archive to move and launch the mod that I can find - where is it?
Where can I get later iterations? (I have no plans on buying a 4th copy of this game, I've bought it twice retail and once on GOG)

Have you found your answer?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 08:08:38 AM by LeahWebb »

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!