Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Are Majestics Good in the Meta?  (Read 1417 times)

April 19, 2018, 04:56:48 PM

Xethis

Are Majestics Good in the Meta?
« on: April 19, 2018, 04:56:48 PM »
I play NR more than any other faction, and my favorite ship in their arsenal is the Majestic Heavy Cruiser. I like how it does everything pretty well, with good damage and range against capitals, shields, and starfighters, as well as making a good tank. However, looking at all the different strategies for NR, most of them seem to focus around the MC90. Is the Majestic that bad compared to other Capital Ships? (it is still a capital, right?) I thought I remember people saying it was really overpowered before 2.2.Can someone explain to me it's strengths and weaknesses compared to Mon Cal Capital Ships?

April 19, 2018, 10:00:33 PMReply #1

Offline Zardnaar

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Are Majestics Good in the Meta?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 10:00:33 PM »
I play NR more than any other faction, and my favorite ship in their arsenal is the Majestic Heavy Cruiser. I like how it does everything pretty well, with good damage and range against capitals, shields, and starfighters, as well as making a good tank. However, looking at all the different strategies for NR, most of them seem to focus around the MC90. Is the Majestic that bad compared to other Capital Ships? (it is still a capital, right?) I thought I remember people saying it was really overpowered before 2.2.Can someone explain to me it's strengths and weaknesses compared to Mon Cal Capital Ships?

They brought the Mon Cal forward and you can build them earlier. They only cost 5 fleet points vs 10, think of them as a super cruiser (like a VSD) as opposed to a capital ship.

I'm not sure what the best fleet composition with them is. I use 3 or 4 of them + support craft. MC 90's cost 10 fleet points I use them but I don't love them.

April 20, 2018, 02:44:14 AMReply #2

Offline taupin121

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-4
  • Solo Command
    • View Profile
Re: Are Majestics Good in the Meta?
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 02:44:14 AM »
MC 90's cost 10 fleet points I use them but I don't love them.

I think you are talking about MC80 Home One type (the ~3 km long battleship). The MC90 is a 7 pop cap star destroyer-sized ship with a dark skin (it's a ship from Dark Empire).

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!