Imperial Civil War [Empire at War] > Imperial Civil War Tech Support

cant build ships.

(1/2) > >>

fraser:
all Factions can not build any space ships. can build ground units ground buildings and spaceports. any help is welcome. thanks

Slornie:
Do you have a folder named Scripts in your base game's data folder, or a folder named AI in your base game's data\XML folder?  If so, try deleting those and then run the mod again.

It's likely you've installed another mod in the past which has put files in the base game folder (naughty) and those are overriding our files - which are properly in the mod folder - and that is preventing ICW from working correctly.

svvillano:
I am also experiencing this issue across all GCs and as all factions.  I think it might be an issue related to the AI, because in my attempted campaigns, the AI never attacks me or builds any kind of ship, nor do they move their ships in battle.  I do not have a folder named Scripts in my base game (assuming you mean FoC when you say "base game") folder (though I don't have one in vanilla EAW, either).  I have a folder named AI in my base game's data/XML folder.  I tried deleting it, but then the game would sit perpetually on the loading screen.  I also deleted and reinstalled EAW and the mod via Steam.  I also tried just deleting the AI folder and then grabbing it through Steam's verify game content option.  So far, nothing has worked.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am playing on a MacBook Pro via Wine, though I have not had really any issues before.

This is my first post on a forum ever, so I apologize if it's formatted incorrectly.

Corey:
This is basically *always* caused by there being a Scripts, AI or Enum folder left from another mod in your base game's Data or Data\XML folder- those do not exist at all by default, they're only put there by another mod, and they interfere with the ability for other mods to function properly, including TR, which very much relies on the game being able to load our AI and Scripts folders properly.

fraser:
couldn't get it fixed going to try a fresh install of the game. thanks for the help :D :D.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version