Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: cant build ships.  (Read 3844 times)

April 13, 2018, 05:22:32 PM

fraser

cant build ships.
« on: April 13, 2018, 05:22:32 PM »
all Factions can not build any space ships. can build ground units ground buildings and spaceports. any help is welcome. thanks

April 13, 2018, 05:50:23 PMReply #1

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
Re: cant build ships.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 05:50:23 PM »
Do you have a folder named Scripts in your base game's data folder, or a folder named AI in your base game's data\XML folder?  If so, try deleting those and then run the mod again.

It's likely you've installed another mod in the past which has put files in the base game folder (naughty) and those are overriding our files - which are properly in the mod folder - and that is preventing ICW from working correctly.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

April 13, 2018, 10:43:49 PMReply #2

Offline svvillano

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 10:43:49 PM »
I am also experiencing this issue across all GCs and as all factions.  I think it might be an issue related to the AI, because in my attempted campaigns, the AI never attacks me or builds any kind of ship, nor do they move their ships in battle.  I do not have a folder named Scripts in my base game (assuming you mean FoC when you say "base game") folder (though I don't have one in vanilla EAW, either).  I have a folder named AI in my base game's data/XML folder.  I tried deleting it, but then the game would sit perpetually on the loading screen.  I also deleted and reinstalled EAW and the mod via Steam.  I also tried just deleting the AI folder and then grabbing it through Steam's verify game content option.  So far, nothing has worked.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am playing on a MacBook Pro via Wine, though I have not had really any issues before.

This is my first post on a forum ever, so I apologize if it's formatted incorrectly.

April 14, 2018, 12:53:35 AMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 12:53:35 AM »
This is basically *always* caused by there being a Scripts, AI or Enum folder left from another mod in your base game's Data or Data\XML folder- those do not exist at all by default, they're only put there by another mod, and they interfere with the ability for other mods to function properly, including TR, which very much relies on the game being able to load our AI and Scripts folders properly.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

April 14, 2018, 09:15:13 AMReply #4

fraser

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 09:15:13 AM »
couldn't get it fixed going to try a fresh install of the game. thanks for the help :D :D.

April 14, 2018, 12:00:39 PMReply #5

Offline svvillano

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 12:00:39 PM »
Thanks for your help.  The solution for me was to delete everything myself, rather than using Steam's uninstall game function.  A clean reinstall fixed everything.

April 23, 2018, 04:21:36 PMReply #6

Joshua Lee Robbins

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 04:21:36 PM »
This is basically *always* caused by there being a Scripts, AI or Enum folder left from another mod in your base game's Data or Data\XML folder- those do not exist at all by default, they're only put there by another mod, and they interfere with the ability for other mods to function properly, including TR, which very much relies on the game being able to load our AI and Scripts folders properly.

Deleted Scripts, AI, and ENUM folders in their respective places. The game went through the loading screen with perception parsing errors and the factions show space vessels in their respective tabs. Thank you, Corey!

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!