Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Perception Parsing Errors cause game to crash  (Read 3878 times)

April 13, 2018, 07:27:18 AM

Offline NewOrderMaster99

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Perception Parsing Errors cause game to crash
« on: April 13, 2018, 07:27:18 AM »
I boot up the new 2.2 version of imperial Civil war and after the loading screen it brings up Perception Passing error. Check PerceptionErrors.txt The game then proceeds to crash when if you try to play a game on it. On the forums i was told to try deleting AI out of the XML but that was to no avail and i can't find any PerceptionErrors.txt file. Any ideas on hoe to stop this notification adn the game crash after it?

April 13, 2018, 09:06:55 AMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Perception Parsing Errors cause game to crash
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 09:06:55 AM »
Perception parsing errors are basically always from those AI files being there, so I suggest checking again. Delete the folder named scripts if it exists.
Then go into the XML folder, and delete the folder named AI and ENUM. Make sure you are deleting the whole folders.

If you have Steam, that's
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Empire at War\corruption\Data
If GoG:
C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Star Wars - Empire At War Gold\EAWX\Data
If Disk:
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption\Data

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 09:11:36 AM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

April 23, 2018, 04:23:28 PMReply #2

Joshua Lee Robbins

Re: Perception Parsing Errors cause game to crash
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 04:23:28 PM »
Perception parsing errors are basically always from those AI files being there, so I suggest checking again. Delete the folder named scripts if it exists.
Then go into the XML folder, and delete the folder named AI and ENUM. Make sure you are deleting the whole folders.

If you have Steam, that's
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Empire at War\corruption\Data
If GoG:
C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Star Wars - Empire At War Gold\EAWX\Data
If Disk:
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption\Data

Deleted Scripts, AI, and ENUM folders in their respective places. The game went through the loading screen with perception parsing errors and the factions show space vessels in their respective tabs. Thank you, Corey

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!