Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: [v2.2, 4/12/18] Audio Option Enters Credits, Explosion Entering Menu +3 Errors  (Read 1684 times)

April 12, 2018, 10:42:17 PM

Offline AlyMar1994

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Disclaimer: I did not see these in the known issues thread nor any other bug reporting/tech support threads on the Thrawn's Revenge: Imperial Civil War section. If I missed it, it's entirely possible I did, I can move my stuff there.

As a starter for all bug reports (no matter the content)...
=======================================================
PC Specs:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Edition (Premium, 64-bit)
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8300 Eight-Core Processor (8CPUs), ~3.3GHz.
Memory: 16,384 MB (16-ish GB)
DirectX: 11
In-Game:
Audio: Dolby Surround

Video: 1920x1080 (60hz)
Detail: Lowest
Anti-Aliasing: Lowest
(Thrawn's Revenge runs awful on my machine despite Empire at War/Forces of Corruption running at 100+ FPS)
Other:
Modifications to Game?: No
Modifications to Game Folder?: No
Game Platform?: Steam (Account)

If the issue is crossed out, that means someone has made a meaningful, informatory response about the issue (and is likely a mod-team member).

ISSUE #1:
The issue occurs when the Audio option is selected in Imperial Civil War, on the v2.2 release (as of 4/12/18). When audio is selected, it jumps to the credits of Imperial Civil War (which is the overview of v2.3). There is no way to avoid this, and I simply can't select my audio settings.

No other button (except the one labeled "VIEW UPCOMING CHANGES") is affected.

ISSUE #2:
When entering v2.2, an explosion (presumably of a ship [/sarcasm]) plays on entering main menu during the silence of the in-menu battle. There most likely isn't a way to fix this, but I figured I'd mention it, with the Forces of Corruption menu track "Forces of Corruption" (or the "Imperial March") being replaced with The Attack of the Clones' "Across the Stars," it being so silent at the start it's probably noticeable now.

This does not happen when leaving an already started game, just entering the mod, and jumping out from the credits.

ISSUE #3:
For the description of "7 ABY: Bacta War" in the Galactic Conquests list, the description isn't formatted like all the others (nor as neat, too). Not really a bug, an error really.

EDIT #2: In the Galactic Tree, on the tooltip for "Era Change: Establish Dark Empire" (the one with Palpatine and the other 2 with it), "Eclipse" isn't capitalized in the description.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ISSUE #4:
On Coruscant, during "4 ABY: Endor Aftermath," there seems to be a debug buildable Golan. I don't remember seeing it on other planets. It costs 1 Galactic Credit and is named "[MISSING]."

Image:
https://i.imgur.com/DWbrO2o.jpg

ISSUE #5:
Not sure if this is an error, but in the Galactic Tree, both Sate and Isaard's Era are labeled "Era1B." I suggest Sate be "Era1A," or "Era1."

Image:
https://i.imgur.com/3lnRONN.jpg

EDIT: In Issue #5, there's also UI errors. If I were to zoom over the pause button (in the Galactic Tree) for the Time-Based Era Change icon, the icon would appear twice as large.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 09:01:16 PM by AlyMar1994 »

"Look, all I know is what they taught me in command school; and that is that there are certain rules in a war: Rule Number 1 is that young men die and Rule Number 2 is that doctors can't change Rule Number 1."

April 13, 2018, 01:02:19 PMReply #1

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
Just going to respond to the bits I'm sure on:

ISSUE #4:
On Coruscant, during "4 ABY: Endor Aftermath," there seems to be a debug buildable Golan. I don't remember seeing it on other planets. It costs 1 Galactic Credit and is named "[MISSING]."
The 1 credit buildable is a "remove structure" option for space structures seeing as you can't right-click-sell on those (unlike units and ground structures).  Unfortunately the text went awol somewhere in the pre-release shuffle.

ISSUE #5:
Not sure if this is an error, but in the Galactic Tree, both Sate and Isaard's Era are labeled "Era1B." I suggest Sate be "Era1A," or "Era1."

EDIT: In Issue #5, there's also UI errors. If I were to zoom over the pause button (in the Galactic Tree) for the Time-Based Era Change icon, the icon would appear twice as large.

EDIT #2: In the same Tree, on the tooltip for "Era Change: Establish Dark Empire" (the one with Palpatine and the other 2 with it), "Eclipse" isn't capitalized in the description.
Yeah, the double 1B is a typo on my part.  It's meant to be 1A and 1B like Era 3.  The overlarge icons is temporary until we produce custom graphics for the tree - at the moment it's using the GUI button art which were upscaled shortly before release so they look better at higher resolutions (obviously elsewhere they're rendering at the correct size).
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

April 13, 2018, 07:58:24 PMReply #2

Offline AlyMar1994

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Just going to respond to the bits I'm sure on:
The 1 credit buildable is a "remove structure" option for space structures seeing as you can't right-click-sell on those (unlike units and ground structures).  Unfortunately the text went awol somewhere in the pre-release shuffle.

Yeah, the double 1B is a typo on my part.  It's meant to be 1A and 1B like Era 3.  The overlarge icons is temporary until we produce custom graphics for the tree - at the moment it's using the GUI button art which were upscaled shortly before release so they look better at higher resolutions (obviously elsewhere they're rendering at the correct size).

Alright, thanks Slornie! Nice getting some proper knowledge. I'll cross out these issues on the main thread.

"Look, all I know is what they taught me in command school; and that is that there are certain rules in a war: Rule Number 1 is that young men die and Rule Number 2 is that doctors can't change Rule Number 1."

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!