Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Start Up Error  (Read 2041 times)

April 12, 2018, 08:54:16 PM

Offline heisenberg

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Start Up Error
« on: April 12, 2018, 08:54:16 PM »
I followed the instructions to install for the retail disk version and I get the "there were perception parsing errors. see perceptionerrors.txt for details." during start up

April 12, 2018, 09:03:09 PMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Start Up Error
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 09:03:09 PM »
This is generally caused by another mod's AI files being installed to the Data folder for the base game, which interferes with all other mods, sometimes causing crashing. To resolve this, go into your corruption\Data\XML folder and delete the folders named AI and Enum if they exist.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

April 12, 2018, 09:35:51 PMReply #2

Offline heisenberg

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 09:35:51 PM »
ok that worked, and I was able to start a GC. But i noticed there wasnt the buttons available to press "enable before saving', so I went to save and the game crashed. also, when i start a battle, where the map usually appears to show the map layout, it is blank.

April 12, 2018, 09:39:08 PMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 09:39:08 PM »
The buttons were unnecessary because other optimizations were made. When exactly did the game crash? The issue was crashes occurring when loading, not when saving- it's also especially bad to save during tactical battles. The map layout images being removed was one of the memory optimizations we made to prevent the loading crash from being as prominent.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

April 12, 2018, 09:40:33 PMReply #4

Offline heisenberg

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 09:40:33 PM »
ok. as soon as i saved the game it crashed. i got an exception error. i was not in a battle either, i was in gc.

April 14, 2018, 03:16:10 AMReply #5

Reuben Ellis

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 03:16:10 AM »
So far with my playthroughs, you have to be careful when and where you save. And even then sometimes saving still fucks up. Whats been working for me so far is saving right after a battle (Space or ground) and backing the saves up in 3's. It wont stop the crashes, but it should save you from completely restarting a gc when it does crash.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!