Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Imperial Civil War 2.2 Known Issue and Bug Report Thread  (Read 42927 times)

August 14, 2018, 05:12:12 PMReply #60

Offline HORUS

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Civil War 2.2 Known Issue and Bug Report Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2018, 05:12:12 PM »
All righty after having missed out on the 2.2.3 and 4...
Playing GM in the Warlords GC.   ( Imperial factions ONLY...)
After start you're imediately asked do aid Peccati Syn,  During the space battle the remnant tried to escape but didn't succeed  and the battle just stopped bunch of isd and multiple single seaters from both factions just floating around not attacking. Only an extra ISD  brought in and its fighters/ bombers would attack

After that i brought treuten teradoc, his fleet + mr fett to Yavin IV. Accidentely pulled Mr Fett to the ground prior to any ground forces ariiving . say hello below to Mr. Ffet & Mr. Fett.. (both worked fine)

They did saiyan fusion dance afterwards though..

August 15, 2018, 12:54:01 AMReply #61

Offline trojanrobmc

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2018, 12:54:01 AM »
Not sure if this has been addressed, but I probably know the answer.

The faction symbols for IR, NR and EOTH appear on the planet that's controlled by that faction, as well as the fleet boxes that appear.

But for Pentastar, as an example, the faction symbols only appear on the planet, and not the fleet boxes.

Is this something particular to the game engine?

I've attached a file showing an example; the icon would typically appear between the 15 and Tangrene. (I think it's appearing upside down for some reason...sorry!)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 01:09:28 AM by trojanrobmc »

August 16, 2018, 06:18:25 AMReply #62

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2018, 06:18:25 AM »
Yes, the faction icons are an engine limitation unfortunately.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

August 16, 2018, 02:41:34 PMReply #63

Offline fubbles

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2018, 02:41:34 PM »
2.2.5 Steam
Orinda Campaign

Corona does not spawn any starfighters.

August 20, 2018, 12:24:42 AMReply #64

Offline fubbles

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2018, 12:24:42 AM »
Steam 2.2.5
Art of War
New Republic

It was between week 50-60 and The Imperial Remnant only had Coruscant in Era 2. I killed Thrawn over Cruscant and took the planet. After the correct amount of weeks passed it went from Era 2 to Era 4, completely skipping Era 3. Also I can click the portrait for Admiral Areta Bell in her Endurance but it takes me to a [Missing] planet not on the map and I can't move her or do anything on the planet she is on.

Corona not spawning any fighters or bombers.

Not sure if these are bugs but once the Era skipped from 2-4 and the holocron message played, the fleet over Byss consisted of 4 Modular Taskforce Cruisers only with Palpatine on the ground. Furthermore I can also build the Viscount (I thought it was unlocked in Era 5 not 4).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 06:44:10 AM by fubbles »

August 26, 2018, 11:18:12 PMReply #65

Offline cab0oze

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2018, 11:18:12 PM »
General balance issue:
Nothing in the Empires arsenal is able to stop V-Wings as far as I can tell. I had an entire planet full of things that could shoot them (knowing that I was about to be spammed with them by an AI attack, but once they start flying around AA turrets are too slow to hit them, as are PLEX troopers. Stormtroopers were the only ones dealing damage, but they were mowed down long before doing much. Really stupid/frustrating.

The AA turrets are just catastrophically useless at shooting anything that actually flies at a decent speed.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 11:21:15 PM by cab0oze »

October 08, 2018, 02:40:56 PMReply #66

Offline ianofdoom2

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2018, 02:40:56 PM »
I have three glitches to report:

1. When the Empire over Chardaan, I had an XQ platform with me for some reason. This was before I conquered Chardaan, and it seems that the platform is gone now that I've conquered it.

2. There was this one instance where Ysanne Isard and Delak Krennel (Or another warlord, I forgot who but I think it was him) entered orbit over Gyndine when I was invading it, but a fight did not initiate until I left Gyndine and came back.

3. When Harrsk defected, my super star destroyer disappeared and the game doesn't give me the option to build another one.

October 08, 2018, 02:48:48 PMReply #67

Offline Mika-Chan, A.I yandere

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +21/-12
  • Totally not playing Doki Doki Literature Club
    • View Profile
    • steam account of anime
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2018, 02:48:48 PM »
I have three glitches to report:

2. There was this one instance where Ysanne Isard and Delak Krennel (Or another warlord, I forgot who but I think it was him) entered orbit over Gyndine when I was invading it, but a fight did not initiate until I left Gyndine and came back.

this might not be a glitch.   quick question, because I dont remember:  is krennel a stealth unit perhaps?  could have been a little mischief there? (Check for a little yellow/or blue circle in their unit icon thing) Im probably not much help sorry there
Discord: Discord-Chan#2051

I dont have multiple personality disorder im just crazy(its the good crazy)

also admiring my senpai

92% of teens have moved on to (c)rap. if you are one of the 8% who listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig

for mando'a translation http://www.mandoa.org/

October 08, 2018, 02:50:15 PMReply #68

Offline ianofdoom2

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2018, 02:50:15 PM »
No, he isn't. Neither is Isard IIRC.

November 05, 2018, 06:05:37 AMReply #69

ozzie

« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2018, 06:05:37 AM »
When I launch the disk mod it will show a white screen fore a few moments before crashing giving me no explanation as to why.
I've looked through the forums and others seem to have had the same issue with this patch only but not earlier versions

i love the mod and what you have done for the game, but it sucks how these problems exist and seeming lack of support people are getting

It would be great if this issue is fixed or I could get some help resolving it

thanks

November 05, 2018, 10:17:44 AMReply #70

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2018, 10:17:44 AM »
When I launch the disk mod it will show a white screen fore a few moments before crashing giving me no explanation as to why.
I've looked through the forums and others seem to have had the same issue with this patch only but not earlier versions

i love the mod and what you have done for the game, but it sucks how these problems exist and seeming lack of support people are getting

It would be great if this issue is fixed or I could get some help resolving it

thanks

We have responded to multiple instances of that report, it's actually directly addressed in the FAQ pinned in this subforum- you need to make sure you have a clean installation of the game, and you need to make sure you have the proper RAM fix. Steam has been updated with several changes by Petroglyph, and I only have the Steam and GoG versions. My computer doesn't even have a disk drive, so my ability to directly help people with the disk version is limited. The mod takes more resources to run now than before, which is why it's crucial people have their game patched properly, and why issues exist running the newer versions for people who don't, and not the old- it's not an issue with the mod, so it's not something we can fix with the mod. For people who are less confident in their ability to troubleshoot their own version, we have recommended that they get the Steam version (it's regularly on sale for $5), as the one with the most stability fixes from Petroglyph. Because PG wasn't able to release those fixes for GoG and Disk, it's very likely we won't be able to support those versions in the future at all if we keep developing the mod, since even releasing 2.2 required stripping significant amounts of content from the mod (luckily it was just VO and scaling down galactic map textures for this version, in the future it would mean even more). The alternative is not being able to develop the mod at all, since we've pushed to the limit of what those versions can handle.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 10:20:28 AM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

December 13, 2018, 07:33:39 PMReply #71

Offline Zen-Ken Jamriil

• Recruit
  • In all things its best to strive for balance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2018, 07:33:39 PM »
Steam Version

Has there been no temporary workaround to the Save/Load bug or why is specifically occurs? I can not save a game in GC at all without the game crashing even though I am able to do so in Skirmish. Trying to take over the galaxy without being able to save is not feasible.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 01:13:07 PM by Zen-Ken Jamriil »
Is Form VI the most worthy of study? No, but in general it is the most practical.

December 13, 2018, 10:14:25 PMReply #72

Offline HalftrackHero

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2018, 10:14:25 PM »
Steam Workshop 2.2.5
Any Era-Progressive GC as Greater Maldrood

Leonia Tavira does not spawn after IR switches from Pestage to Isard. I've tried waiting the prerequisite time (I think it's 60 weeks) or killing Pestage by taking Coruscant.

January 18, 2019, 12:30:53 AMReply #73

Alex Miller

« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2019, 12:30:53 AM »
I’ve got an issue with random fleets spawning in during a battle. For example I’m the empire I was fighting an easy fight against a couple cruisers. Halfway during the battle a huge random fleet (purple color) spawned. 4 imperial 2s 6 victory2 and an assortment of other ships. They completely wiped out my fouce. This has happened on multiple occasions different fleets every time. It gets quite frustrating any help would be much appreciated.

January 18, 2019, 03:01:03 AMReply #74

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2019, 03:01:03 AM »
That's not a bug, those are raid fleets. They have a chance to appear in any battle, and you have a few minutes warning (it will come up as a message on the top left of the screen at the start of the battle) in which to prepare, after which you have to hold out a little while until you can retreat, or deal with both enemies. They also target the enemy faction, so you can use them to your advantage. The manual explains them further.

April 24, 2019, 06:18:24 PMReply #75

Offline rlebron21

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2019, 06:18:24 PM »
I still have the xml header issue. Also I have no AI or ENUM folders to erase from xml folder.... need recommendations

April 24, 2019, 06:43:51 PMReply #76

Offline rlebron21

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2019, 06:43:51 PM »
I still have the xml header issue. Also I have no AI or ENUM folders to erase from xml folder.... need recommendations
i left the attachment with the message... help please

April 25, 2019, 01:02:16 AMReply #77

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2019, 01:02:16 AM »
As that message implies, it is an issue with your own game files, not with the mod. Notice how it says Star Wars Empire at War\Gamedata\Data\MegaFiles.xml - That is a file in the base game, and a directory in the base game, not the mod (and not even in the expansion, which the mod is for). you seem to have a broken Empire at War installation.

April 25, 2019, 06:32:39 AMReply #78

Offline rlebron21

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2019, 06:32:39 AM »
So... uninstall and reinstall.... maybe there is something wrong with the mod download.... i got it from mega files site..... do you have any recommendation that i shouls be aware of when reinstalling?...thanx for the help

April 28, 2019, 04:25:47 PMReply #79

Offline rlebron21

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2019, 04:25:47 PM »
I reinstalm and i have a new message that stops the game to start... check it please ... I attached it... I ll appreciate any help

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!