Off Topic > Star Wars Discussion

Opinion: Dark Empire is a little stupid

(1/2) > >>

Illidan Stormrage:
Opinion. I want to start a debate on this since i thought about after rereading Heir to the Empire.

Dark Empire is to controdictory and honestly should have never happened.
My reasons why.
1. Palpatine did not choose to get commanders like Thrawn and Zsinj to join him at Byss. It would have made snese for the Emperor to have recall them to the deep core because people knew little of both Zsinj and Thrawn.
2. Too much is left ambigious.
3. Luke's plan makes no sense.
4. Where did all these dark jedi and darksider users hide during the past decade?
5. The Eclipse. Where had it been most of the time?

Ordo:
1. My understanding is that he saw them as usurpers of "his" Empire so he just waited for them to be defeated while he prepared
2. Well you could make that argument about a lot of things
3. Doesn't it? Why?
4. Well...on Byss...
5. Getting finished at Byss shipyards.

Overall I agree that its definitely one of the weakest parts of EU, but for different reasons than you. Most importanly because it invalidates Vader's sacrifice by ressing Emperor.

Lord Xizer:
I actually agree. Dark Empire is not one of the SUs better moments. The story is shoddy, jumps around with little rhyme or reason. It undermins Vaders sacrifice at endor and is far too reliant on superweapons and plot bunnies. The artwork is also atrocious.

Zardnaar:

--- Quote from: Lord Xizer on March 27, 2018, 02:49:05 PM ---I actually agree. Dark Empire is not one of the SUs better moments. The story is shoddy, jumps around with little rhyme or reason. It undermins Vaders sacrifice at endor and is far too reliant on superweapons and plot bunnies. The artwork is also atrocious.

--- End quote ---

+1 I learned about it indirectly back in the day via the Jedi Academy trilogy (Clone Emperor huh?).

It started a tendency of can you top this carried on in the JA, Darksaber, Vong Invasion and even the new movies.

Lord Xizer:

--- Quote from: Zardnaar on April 02, 2018, 02:31:27 AM ---+1 I learned about it indirectly back in the day via the Jedi Academy trilogy (Clone Emperor huh?).

It started a tendency of can you top this carried on in the JA, Darksaber, Vong Invasion and even the new movies.

--- End quote ---

Darksaber and the Yuuzhan Vong War are actually some of my favorites-though I admit both have flaws- they are light years above Dark Empire in terms of quality,story and impact.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version