Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Rebels ending and the future(spoilers)  (Read 5045 times)

March 06, 2018, 07:18:28 PM

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
Rebels ending and the future(spoilers)
« on: March 06, 2018, 07:18:28 PM »
Warning Heavy Spoilers for rebels! You have been warned!

Fantastic.

So lets dive right into it and i will explain what eaxctly went down to address confusion.

So Ezra and Thrawn along with Pealleon, and the Seventh fleet were sent into hyperspace. Where is anyone's guess.
Lothal was liberated. Ruhk is dead. That bitch Pryce is dead. The Lothal rebels killed soooo many Imperials(Are we suppose to root for people who lock other people in big dome ship things and leave to be exploded inside? Also sending wolves at stormtroopers and watching them get ripped apart?).

So we get this montage sort of thing that gives some information which i will break down:
1. Sabine has been on Lothal mostly following the battle of lothal
2. Lothal is back to normalish
3. Zeb and Kallus are now like drunk veteran war buddies.
4. Kanan and Hera at some point had a one night stand.(Or more....) This resulted in Jacen Syndulla(Or more accurately Jacen Dume. Or maybe Jacen Snow? after all he is techinally a bastard)
5. Rex fought at Endor(great)
6. Sabine and Ashoka meet up.
7. Ashoka and Sabine are going hunting for Ezra.
8. This is at least after the battle of Jakku.
9. Thrawn, Peallon, Ezra and the Seventh fleet are out there in space.
10. Prophecy of Thrawn's defeat came true. He was wrapped in the arms of those creatures and in probably felt the cold of hyperspace(He is alive though)

So where does this lead us?

Simple

A new Tv Series set in the post Endor timeline.

Now a question has been raised so i will try to answer it, but i want to see some theroies by some people on what happened.

Where did Thrawn, Ezra, Pealleon, and the seventh fleet disapear too?
I am assuming somewhere in the unkonwn reigions because thats a storyline that has not beeen explored much.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 09:12:57 PM by Illidan Stormrage »
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

March 06, 2018, 10:28:57 PMReply #1

Offline Hereticus

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Rebels ending and the future(spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 10:28:57 PM »
Well to be clear, it’s not the 7th fleet... Just the Chimaera.... The show was pretty clear that the 7th fleet in orbital-blockade was destroyed by the Purrgil.  The Chimaera was the only ship dragged into a uncharted hyperspace jump.

Paelleon presumably was part of the demolished orbital blockade, Here’s hoping his path is still with the Imperial Remnant since it still exists in the new canon as a separate entity from the First-Order.  Maybe a Thrawn/Paelleon reunion in the future?

I think it’s too early to say on a Thrawn’ Return with the live-action series... Correct me if I’m wrong but the new series has a working title of “Resistance" which would make it a repeat of Rebels set now in the sequel trilogy era... But hey anything can happen.

Also... Jacen Syndula isn't a bastard child.  Bastard child would be if he was either unwanted by the parents or not of blood relation to the father that’s raising him... I’m curious if Jacen Syndula follows his father’ footsteps as a Jedi, Joining the Skywalker Acadamy and either dying or joining Kylo?  This is of course presuming Ahsoka or Bendu don’t intervene.

March 06, 2018, 10:55:22 PMReply #2

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 10:55:22 PM »
Well to be clear, it’s not the 7th fleet... Just the Chimaera.... The show was pretty clear that the 7th fleet in orbital-blockade was destroyed by the Purrgil.  The Chimaera was the only ship dragged into a uncharted hyperspace jump.
Acutally no. If you listen to what the officer said to Thrawn he said they were gone as in they had disappeared. What happened was the Purrgil jump the seventh fleet out of the system to some unknown location.
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

March 11, 2018, 03:08:06 PMReply #3

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 03:08:06 PM »
Honestly, I thought that montage sequence narrated by Sabine was a bit of a cheat.  It seemed almost like an "and they all lived happily ever after" and feels like it cuts off a lot of potential for the characters in future.  Zeb and Kallus hived off to the new Lasat homeworld, Sabine in a holding pattern on Lothal for years, and most particularly removing Thrawn from the picture for an indeterminate time which removes any opportunity to pit him against the more familiar OT characters.

I also thought it was too convenient that the montage had Ahsoka with Sabine rather than leaving her in an unknown time and place to be discovered through a future medium.  More favouritism by Filoni for his pet creations?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 03:11:38 PM by Slornie »
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

March 11, 2018, 04:18:48 PMReply #4

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 04:18:48 PM »
Honestly, I thought that montage sequence narrated by Sabine was a bit of a cheat.  It seemed almost like an "and they all lived happily ever after" and feels like it cuts off a lot of potential for the characters in future.  Zeb and Kallus hived off to the new Lasat homeworld, Sabine in a holding pattern on Lothal for years, and most particularly removing Thrawn from the picture for an indeterminate time which removes any opportunity to pit him against the more familiar OT characters.
I mean as Filoni said in a interview, death is to much of a cheap way out. Thrawn, Ezra, and Peallon have a role to play(the are most likely going to fight the FO if not then i do not know what.) in the future. I think the other issue is that Hera is already being fleshed out in the new star wars comics. Zeb and Kallus well are just off in nowhere land.

I would also argue that this is not truly a happy ending. its more of a bittersweet ending. Kanan''s dead, Ezra, Thrawn, Peallon, and the seventh fleet are gone, but not dead, Zeb and Kallus are out on their own, and Sabine is stuck with the knowlegde that the boy she loves is out there in the galaxy. Saying its a happliy ever after is not really fair since their are still characters that dont have "Happy Endings." I am specifically refering to Ezra, Sabine and to a lesser extend Ashoka. Ezra left and is now somewhere out in the galaxy that no one can find, this is why Sabine is a bit heartbroken, because she cant find one of the most important people in her life.

I also think the issue is that putting him aganist Luke, Leia, and Han has no real value. They would have to surivie every fight with Thrawn.
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

March 11, 2018, 05:44:16 PMReply #5

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 05:44:16 PM »
Thrawn, Ezra, and Peallon have a role to play(the are most likely going to fight the FO if not then i do not know what.) in the future.
I don't exactly see how Ezra and Thrawn can have a role against the First Order in any sense.  You're essentially saying that after managing to survive a hyperspace jump of unknown duration to unknown location while fighting on a depressurised bridge, both of them then manage another 40 years without killing each other before returning the galaxy at large to save the day together?

Ezra, Thrawn, Peallon, and the seventh fleet are gone, but not dead
I don't think Pellaeon is gone.  In what I've read of Filoni's interview comments he name-dropped Pellaeon to restore the character to canon and leave him open for other authors to pick up, which would be hard to do if he's stuck in the same place as Thrawn/Ezra!

Saying its a happliy ever after is not really fair since their are still characters that dont have "Happy Endings."
Sure, there are variable outcomes but generally it is quite happy.
- Lothal remained free from Imperial rule or retaliation and recovered.
- Hera survived the rest of the Rebellion and brought up Kanan's child.
- Zeb returned to his people and took Kallus with him, relieving Kallus' guilt about his part in the Lasat genocide.
- Ahsoka is undead (but in an unknown location for an unknown period of time).
- Ezra and Thrawn are undead (but in an unknown location for an unknown period of time).

Aside from "where the hell are people?" I think Sabine's outcome is the most unclear.  First her relationship with Ezra seems more brother/sister than anything else to me, and she was actually quite accepting of his decision to finish the mission and save Lothal.  More generally however we've no idea what happened with her family back on Mandalore while she stayed on Lothal keeping her promise to Ezra (or how she understood it, anyway), which seems a big omission considering how important Mandalore has been over the last few series.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

March 11, 2018, 09:24:22 PMReply #6

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 09:24:22 PM »

I think Sabine's outcome is the most unclear.  First her relationship with Ezra seems more brother/sister than anything else to me, and she was actually quite accepting of his decision to finish the mission and save Lothal.  M
Filoni stated that it started out as a little brother, big sister dynamic. And then over time its evolved into a friendship, and that they had no romantic feelings so yeah. Even though it would be better to have it explained in the little everyone's happy montage, I guess it s made clear.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

March 13, 2018, 11:58:23 AMReply #7

Offline Halyn

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 11:58:23 AM »
The LotR theme was a bit strong for my taste...when Ahsoka appeared at the end, I turned to my wife and shouted "AHSOKA THE WHITE!" and she cracked up.

Filoni has stated in several interviews that 1.) Ezra and Thrawn both survive the hyperspace jump, and 2.) Pellaeon is not dead.

If the story from this point forward was put in Zahn's hands, I think the continuation of Ezra/Thrawn's story could be amazing. But I'm unconvinced that Filoni would give us as interesting a Thrawn in that scenario.

March 13, 2018, 03:02:57 PMReply #8

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 03:02:57 PM »
Filoni stated that it started out as a little brother, big sister dynamic. And then over time its evolved into a friendship, and that they had no romantic feelings so yeah. Even though it would be better to have it explained in the little everyone's happy montage, I guess it s made clear.
I mean Ezra did(and probably still does) as shown in season 1 and alluded to in Heroes of Mandalore part 1(really should be Called Terrorists of Mandalore Part 1 and 2). Sabine however usually rejects him because Ezra is a bit of a young dickhead version of Lando, but with a little caring heart. So in summary Ezra is trapped in the friendzone.

If you dont agree they could have romantic feelings fine, then this would give a reason to introduce Mara Jade(at this point they are not giving Luke a lover) as Ezra's romantic intrest. You could still make it so Mara is hunting for Luke and she mistakes Ezra for Luke(probably because they both use green light sabers)

As for where the story will go... well obviously we need to see where Thrawn and Ezra are.
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

March 18, 2018, 12:32:35 AMReply #9

Offline TheRiddler24

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2018, 12:32:35 AM »
My dream scenario (never gonna happen) is for Thrawn to show up in the chimera during Episode 9 with a Chiss fleet and clean house.

March 18, 2018, 06:04:33 AMReply #10

Offline ElPenorGrande

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2018, 06:04:33 AM »
The new canon is a goddamn mess and i don't like it :V
Even that one book with Waru in it had better writing than most of the new stuff...

March 20, 2018, 11:42:08 AMReply #11

Offline Halyn

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2018, 11:42:08 AM »
My dream scenario (never gonna happen) is for Thrawn to show up in the chimera during Episode 9 with a Chiss fleet and clean house.

I'd settle for a novel about a campaign of the Chiss fighting the First Order.

March 25, 2018, 10:40:09 AMReply #12

Offline XxNovaStarxX

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-1
  • The Pentastar Allignment has Cookies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2018, 10:40:09 AM »
SPACE WHALES!

-Also, Jacen isn't Kanan's child, he is chopper's.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 05:06:39 PM by XxNovaStarxX »

"The New Republic is still
merely the Rebellion, thinly
 disguised as an official
entity. They are outlaws
, and they will continue to
 think and do as such.
In the Pentastar Alignment,
there will be no tolerance
 for any Rebel insurrection."
    ―Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

March 28, 2018, 02:54:19 PMReply #13

Offline Shermos

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2018, 02:54:19 PM »
SPACE WHALES!

-Also, Jacen isn't Kanan's child, he is chopper's.

lol

The ending was too much of a Deus ex Machina for my taste, but at least Thrawn survived. I hope the OP is right and Pelleon and the 7th fleet were carried in hyperspace too. It would be ridiculous to bring him back into canon, only for him to be killed right away.

March 29, 2018, 12:54:34 AMReply #14

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2018, 12:54:34 AM »
lol

The ending was too much of a Deus ex Machina for my taste, but at least Thrawn survived. I hope the OP is right and Pelleon and the 7th fleet were carried in hyperspace too. It would be ridiculous to bring him back into canon, only for him to be killed right away.
it was confirmed by Dave Filoni.
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!