Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: The mod close when i try to start it  (Read 1615 times)

February 26, 2018, 02:23:30 PM

Offline Raum2901

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
The mod close when i try to start it
« on: February 26, 2018, 02:23:30 PM »
Before going to the problem you need this information:

Version of the mod: 1.15.

Version of Windows : Windows 10.

Where the mod are located: Program files/LucasArts/Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption/Mods/Imperial_Civil_War

The Problem: When i try to start the mod apears a Stormtrooper with the symbol of the empire of the hand (the loading screen) but after a few seconds the program closes without apparent explication.

I tried to start the mod in a mod launcher and the .bat file but they doesnt work.

So thats the problem

March 03, 2018, 11:41:16 AMReply #1

Offline DemonKingDan

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • We're the Spark that'll burn down the First Order
    • View Profile
Re: The mod close when i try to start it
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 11:41:16 AM »
Hmm, it depends on what it is, what platform are you trying to use? GOG or Steam? If its GOG then what you have to do is set the Mod Path to Imperial_Civil_War because thats what the main mod path is going for so just replace the original folder and put the Imperial_Civil_War folder in the Mods folder and put the original mod folder in the Imperial_Civil_War folder and when you launch the mod using either the .bat file or a Mod Launcher, it should work! (Also look for folders with empty content and put those in a separate folder. I label the folder Differentials but you can label it anything, this works for many different mods. Good Luck!)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 11:48:47 AM by DemonKingDan »
DemonKingDan, King of the Demons

March 08, 2018, 03:33:58 PMReply #2

Offline Raum2901

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 03:33:58 PM »
Hmm, it depends on what it is, what platform are you trying to use? GOG or Steam? If its GOG then what you have to do is set the Mod Path to Imperial_Civil_War because thats what the main mod path is going for so just replace the original folder and put the Imperial_Civil_War folder in the Mods folder and put the original mod folder in the Imperial_Civil_War folder and when you launch the mod using either the .bat file or a Mod Launcher, it should work! (Also look for folders with empty content and put those in a separate folder. I label the folder Differentials but you can label it anything, this works for many different mods. Good Luck!)

If you mean to reinstalling the mod, i tried after installing the RAM fix update but the mod still closing

Pd: I using the disc version of the game

March 13, 2018, 07:15:01 PMReply #3

Offline DemonKingDan

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • We're the Spark that'll burn down the First Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 07:15:01 PM »
Disc version eh? Have you watched Corey's Video on how to install the mod? And you should read the manual that comes with the mod, it says how to set it up for the disc version. 3rd or 4th page in the PDF I think. Anyways, sorry I wasn't much help, I only know how to set-up GOG mods (like how I mentioned it above). Good Luck!

Here's what the Manual said;

Disk versions
Installing
 If you have downloaded the Installer version of the mod:
1. Just run the installer and follow the instructions.

If you have downloaded the ZIP/RAR archive:
1. Extract the ZIP/RAR to your desktop (or similar location).
2. Find your Forces of Corruption folder.  E.g.: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption\
3. Create a Mods folder in your Forces of Corruption Folder (unless one already exists).
4. Copy and paste the extracted Imperial_Civil_War folder into the Mods folder.  E.g.: ...\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption\Mods\Imperial_Civil_War\
5. Move TR.bat into your Forces of Corruption folder and the shortcut to your desktop.

Playing
1. Double click the shortcut (on your desktop or Start menu) or the .bat (in your Forces of Corruption folder) to play.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 07:20:18 PM by DemonKingDan »
DemonKingDan, King of the Demons

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!