Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: We are opening voice-over (VO) trials for space/hero units! (By March 10th)  (Read 7986 times)

February 25, 2018, 10:27:50 PM

Offline Wheyloffle

• Mod Team Member
  • Recruit
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Hello everyone!

We are looking for people willing to perform voice overs (VO) for a large number of space units and hero units. These will initially be for Imperial Civil War's upcoming 2.2 release (March 29th!! :0), but there should be no reason that accepted contributors won't see their work in action in any of our other Star Wars mods.

Audio submissions are required to be:

• Around 10-20 seconds long
  • In a .wav, .mp3, or .ogg format
  • In one file, one email per person
  • Entered by Saturday, March 10th. Anything later will not be reviewed.

What to say:

• Practically anything! When you submit a file to us we'll be checking for your mic quality and anything you can do that you wish to show off.
  • You don't have to, but you could say some lines you'd hear in-game like "Our shield generator is down!" or "On our way."
  • Use the time allotted for your audio clip to show off any accents or voices you think you can do well. If you can do multiple, fantastic! Show them all off!  ;D
  • Do NOT attempt to voice for specific units. That is what the selection process will deal with on our end. Feel free to do an Imperial, EoTH, or other faction voices but do not try for specific units.
  • Refer to the two lists below for additional helpful information.

If you're interested, please email an audio snippet (that follows the rules) to wheyloffle.sound@gmail.com. Every entry within the boundaries of the rules will be reviewed.

Factors that will improve your chances of being accepted:

• A decent mic quality (no popping and minimal background noise). This is a big plus.
  • You're not too quiet, but not too loud that you blow out your mic either lol
  • No mic popping
  • Good accents! From American to French, any and all are enjoyable!
  • No mic popping
  • No mic popping

Things to keep in mind:

• You will not be able to pick who you voice. Still, dress (or voice act) for the job you want!
  • Your submission should act as a short demo of what you got. Do not expect it to be used anywhere apart from selection.
  • Mic quality should be a higher priority than your ability to perform accents or voices, but still, show off anything you can do!
  • Selection will not be given until after the submission due date.
  • If you've got friends that are into voicework, Star Wars, and/or our modwork, be sure to tell them to send us something too!
  • Feel free to show off multiple different voices or accents you are confident with; you don't have to show off only one.  8=)
  • Again, only send one file, one email to the provided address. You've only got one shot, so do your best!

If you're picked, you will be promptly notified by email AND be told who you'll be voicing along with some directions by March 17th at the latest.

If you are selected, you will be expected to submit your final lines as soon as you can and may be asked to redo certain lines.

Thank you all, and good luck! All submissions will be greatly appreciated!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 12:19:06 PM by Wheyloffle »

February 26, 2018, 06:45:10 AMReply #1

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
Re: We are opening voice-over (VO) trials for space/hero units! (By March 3rd)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 06:45:10 AM »
I'm up for that i give you a voice for a Charter for you ok.
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

February 26, 2018, 10:18:12 AMReply #2

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: We are opening voice-over (VO) trials for space/hero units! (By March 3rd)
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 10:18:12 AM »
I can do a great Ewok and mynock
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

March 03, 2018, 09:21:37 AMReply #3

Offline dajosh42069

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
  • Republic of Independent Systems
    • View Profile
Go figure... soon as I lose access to high end recording equipment, the VO casting begins! :P
Republic of Independent Systems will rise.

March 05, 2018, 02:09:32 PMReply #4

Offline pokeman1280

• Recruit
    • View Profile
I submitted my audition on Friday. When can I expect to hear back?

March 06, 2018, 01:56:03 AMReply #5

Offline Pentastar Enforcer

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-2
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
Going to send my stuff in tomorrow! :)
The Galactic Empire - The best thing to happen to the galaxy since Midichlorian counts.

March 06, 2018, 02:54:08 AMReply #6

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
I submitted my audition on Friday. When can I expect to hear back?

Once the 10th hits, Whey will start getting back to people in waves
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

March 06, 2018, 10:37:41 AMReply #7

Offline pokeman1280

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Once the 10th hits, Whey will start getting back to people in waves

Oh. Well then, I might to have to pull out if the plan is to get 2.2 out for the 22nd. I won't have access to the recording booth I did my lines in until the 18th or 19th. I could get all lines done in a few hours, but I'm not sure how that would work for you guys time wise.

March 06, 2018, 11:01:28 AMReply #8

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Well we'll need to do more than one round, but 2.2 releases at the end of the month, so if you want to send stuff in for future consideration that'd be fine as well
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

March 06, 2018, 07:11:41 PMReply #9

Offline pokeman1280

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Oh, well, in that case, I'm still in!

March 08, 2018, 10:13:41 AMReply #10

Offline Zbro19 captain for the EOTH

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
I can't wait to put in for this. Is it alright if I do certain people as a way to show what I can do?

March 08, 2018, 10:30:34 AMReply #11

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Sure

March 10, 2018, 03:42:27 PMReply #12

Offline Nightstrydr

• Recruit
  • Ultima Ratio
    • View Profile
Hey guys, Its the last day that submissions are being accepted, but I wont to make a recommendation;

since the game is combat and military oriented, military veterans from various Navies, Armys and Marine(Naval Infantry) have ALOT of experience with military radio communications and jargon. It would add substance to what units in the game say. for example; stormtroopers calling out "We're pinned down! Request air/artillary support in Grid 9-Alpha!" or a Star Destroyer calling out while being pommeled "Where is our fighter support" or " Tie squadrons! Clear our airspace" or as the ship is exploding a final transmission such as "For the Alliance/Empire" or use kamakazi like calls such as "For the Emperor!" The New Order for 10,000 years!" or "For the New Order". I havent submitted because I dont have a voice for recording(lol) and no quality equipement.

These were just some thoughts and I cant wait for the  2.2 release!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 03:44:21 PM by Nightstrydr »

March 10, 2018, 04:47:01 PMReply #13

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
Hey guys, Its the last day that submissions are being accepted, but I wont to make a recommendation;

since the game is combat and military oriented, military veterans from various Navies, Armys and Marine(Naval Infantry) have ALOT of experience with military radio communications and jargon. It would add substance to what units in the game say. for example; stormtroopers calling out "We're pinned down! Request air/artillary support in Grid 9-Alpha!" or a Star Destroyer calling out while being pommeled "Where is our fighter support" or " Tie squadrons! Clear our airspace" or as the ship is exploding a final transmission such as "For the Alliance/Empire" or use kamakazi like calls such as "For the Emperor!" The New Order for 10,000 years!" or "For the New Order". I havent submitted because I dont have a voice for recording(lol) and no quality equipement.

These were just some thoughts and I cant wait for the  2.2 release!

Well to an extent, remember to that military protocols are different in a galaxy far far away sometimes compared to Earth's nations.(speaking as a vet myself) Some would work, but the vast majority of civis wouldn't get the jargon so it might defeat the purpose.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

March 10, 2018, 05:02:55 PMReply #14

Offline Nightstrydr

• Recruit
  • Ultima Ratio
    • View Profile
You are definitely correct, SOME real world jargon wouldnt work. Ive always abhored the "sqeakly cleaness" of most space sci-fi. I quess thats why I enjoyed Rouge One so much, showed the grittier side of star wars combat. also Id like to referece the 2004 Battlestar Galactica take on the marraige of Space opera and the adaptation of realworld terimology and so forth. refer to Finn in the Force Awakens refering to an "Air strike" when the Tie/SF flight began straffing the settlement on Jakku. Adapting recognizible terms to the game would in my opinion add something more than taking away. also remember that the character speak english/basic in the movies though the english lanquage hadnt evolved the sw universe. In real world, different nations use they're own jargo, which would be a "alien" to us as though it were from "A galaxy far, far away"
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 05:09:26 PM by Nightstrydr »

March 10, 2018, 05:33:59 PMReply #15

Offline Pentastar Enforcer

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-2
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
Is there still time to send in submissions? I've been busy AF and only have time tonight to send stuff in.

Meaning I have time in the future but my stuff would be coming in last minute.
The Galactic Empire - The best thing to happen to the galaxy since Midichlorian counts.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!