Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Won't launch  (Read 4729 times)

February 18, 2018, 03:15:31 AM

Offline BlackViperMWG

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Won't launch
« on: February 18, 2018, 03:15:31 AM »
Hi, I am at loss how to start the mod. Bat file does nothing, adding MODPATH=Mods\Imperial_Civil_War in steam launch options too. I tried to put a shortcut on the desktop and then add MODPATH=Mods\Imperial_Civil_War to it, but it only started normal FoC. I verified game files, still nothing. It never happened before, is it maybe because I am not new laptop with Win 10?

February 18, 2018, 06:33:03 AMReply #1

Offline Ordo

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Won't launch
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 06:33:03 AM »
Did you install the mod manually or did you just add it on Steam workshop?

February 18, 2018, 07:55:16 AMReply #2

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 07:55:16 AM »
The more details you can provide, the better you can be helped.

Do you own Empire at War Gold through Steam, or another version from another source (GoG, CD, etc.)?  If so, which version from which source?

Did you download the mod and install it manually through ModDB, or through the Steam workshop?

When you attempt to launch Empire at War and Steam asks if you want to launch EaW vanilla or Forces of Corruption, are you selecting FoC?

If you go into your Forces of Corruption folder on whatever drive you have Empire at War installed on, do you find a folder at "\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Star Wars Empire at War\corruption\Mods\Imperial_Civil_War" or the equivalent of it if  it isn't a Steam install?  Does that folder contain folders labeled "Data" and "Documentation"?

Windows 10 shouldn't be the issue, as I have no problem playing the mod on a Windows 10 PC.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 08:31:07 AM by Pali »

February 18, 2018, 09:21:55 AMReply #3

Offline BlackViperMWG

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 09:21:55 AM »
The more details you can provide, the better you can be helped.

Do you own Empire at War Gold through Steam, or another version from another source (GoG, CD, etc.)?  If so, which version from which source?

Did you download the mod and install it manually through ModDB, or through the Steam workshop?

When you attempt to launch Empire at War and Steam asks if you want to launch EaW vanilla or Forces of Corruption, are you selecting FoC?

If you go into your Forces of Corruption folder on whatever drive you have Empire at War installed on, do you find a folder at "\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Star Wars Empire at War\corruption\Mods\Imperial_Civil_War" or the equivalent of it if  it isn't a Steam install?  Does that folder contain folders labeled "Data" and "Documentation"?

Windows 10 shouldn't be the issue, as I have no problem playing the mod on a Windows 10 PC.

Yes, Gold version from Steam.

Manually from moddb, I prefer that way than Steam workshop and it's also not my first time playing this mod, just first time on Win 10.

My mod filepath is D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Empire at War\corruption\Data\Mods\Imperial_Civil_War and there is folder Data and in it the mod itself.

All .exe files are set to compatibility with XP SP3.

I even reinstalled the game and installed mod again, still the same problem. Trying to set launch options or using .bat file or even creating swfoc.exe desktop shortcut with launch options MODPATH=Mods\Imperial_Civil_War yields same resulsts; vanilla FoC will start.

I have Republic at War installed too and it doesn't start either.

I dunno why is that, it's like game doesn't recognize installed mod or something.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 09:28:59 AM by BlackViperMWG »

February 18, 2018, 09:28:39 AMReply #4

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 09:28:39 AM »
Move your Mods folder out of corruption\Data\ so that it is like this: ..common\Star Wars Empire at War\corruption\Mods\Imperial_Civil_War\..
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

February 18, 2018, 09:34:28 AMReply #5

Offline BlackViperMWG

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 09:34:28 AM »

Damn. I am an colossal idiot. Many thanks.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!