Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Did the mod team decided to change from split units to unified ones?  (Read 1772 times)

February 13, 2018, 03:02:02 PM

Offline semillakan6

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
In the demo they appear as separeted units but in coreys channel they appear as a whole unit so why the change?
"Anyone can make an error, Ensign. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it."

February 13, 2018, 03:03:02 PMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Did the mod team decided to change from split units to unified ones?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 03:03:02 PM »
They were only ever split in the demo because the running while firing mechanic was having issues with the containers. When that was resolved, we put them back in groups.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

February 13, 2018, 03:56:08 PMReply #2

Offline semillakan6

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 03:56:08 PM »
Oh I see personally I liked the split units because i made a unit more versatile like i could send a single soldier to capture while the rest fought on the front line
"Anyone can make an error, Ensign. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it."

February 16, 2018, 02:22:26 PMReply #3

Offline Jagen Eripsa

• Brevet Admiral
  • Corellian Prince-Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 02:22:26 PM »
Oh I see personally I liked the split units because i made a unit more versatile like i could send a single soldier to capture while the rest fought on the front line
It can be an advantage... When we do not have to defend a planet with the Greater Malrood and its two poor soldiers by barracks! :D
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all." - Grand Admiral Thrawn

February 16, 2018, 04:48:16 PMReply #4

Offline 0ffkilter

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 04:48:16 PM »

Same, it gave an opportunity to micro units back who were taking fire and keep the healthy ones in the front.  But most of the time i just autoresolved with a huge force and didn't worry about my poor men on the ground :|

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!