Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: I maybe going mad  (Read 2038 times)

February 11, 2018, 12:25:44 AM

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
I maybe going mad
« on: February 11, 2018, 12:25:44 AM »
Their have been points since early 2017-Present where i have been having trippy, and outrageous dreams, bizzare daydreaming and nightmares. I am not talking like dreams of being arrested or getting a girlfriend, but instead insane adventures. From wiping out cults, to alternative realities, to hunting demons. Some have been a little more extreme involving the afterlife. And like many some invole fictional characters and unvierses(Examples: Lara Croft, Jon Snow, and the Empire).

My theory is that this is a result of my brain taking in ideas and subjecting me into sernarios involing said ideas. To put simply if i think about something to omuch like Dante's Inferno then i will dream about it.

I do not know why these are happening nor what to do. I have been thinking of maybe attempting to write them down(as best i can, and the ones that are the least personal) and publishing them for you guys to look at and make infernces on what the hell is causing this.

I also have thought about consulting someone of medical background on these and seeing if i am possibly going through a psycholoical phase.

Deep stuff i know, but so far it has not affected me in the longterm. In the short term it has made me wake up some days feeling a little confused or scared. I dont believe its going to harm me as badly as it seems though. Keep in mind these sort of dreams happen every 3-5 months. Sort of like driftor's epic dreams if you ever watched his youtube channel.
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

February 11, 2018, 04:19:39 AMReply #1

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
Re: I maybe going mad
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 04:19:39 AM »
You are not going crazy. You just need to get a break from said stuff.
For example when I played Command and Conquer a lot, I started to dream about that. Your dreams are info your brain sorts out. If you get too much info from one source it results in dreaming about said info.
The Empire can remain since, heh, what could be better than living in a star wars world?
It's natural. Keep calm and Carry on sir.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

February 11, 2018, 08:54:16 AMReply #2

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 08:54:16 AM »
The Empire can remain since, heh, what could be better than living in a star wars world?
It's natural. Keep calm and Carry on sir.
It is not just one source. Its many sources.
For Example: In one dream i was being shot at by rebels working with communists in cuba, and i somehow get sent into a demon world with Carl Grimes.
I just feel like i am losing it.
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

February 11, 2018, 09:04:58 AMReply #3

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 09:04:58 AM »
So long as you're not having any trouble distinguishing your dreams from reality, I say enjoy the craziness.  The most vivid dream I ever had was when I was 20 and on a big vampire kick, burning through Buffy and Angel with a friend while also reading the first few Anne Rice books, and to this day I have the very clear memory of drinking dry a 4 year old girl and loving every moment of it.  Probably the weirdest dreams I ever had were when I was playing a MUD (a text-based multiplayer RPG) called Aabahran: The Forsaken Lands and I quite literally had dreams that were in text - the best analogy I can give for the experience is the scene in The Matrix where Cypher points at the screens showing matrix code and says "I don't even see the code, just blonde, redhead, brunette..."  In my dreams I saw text, yet it was always immediately translated in my dream-mind as images and events as well, if that makes any sense.

If it starts to be too much, try to lay off the fiction for a bit - read some nonfiction books, go outside, chill with friends, immerse yourself in reality for a while.  An active imagination is a good thing, an imagination that runs away with you can cause problems.

Now, if you're having trouble keeping your dreams and reality separate, I'd say seek professional help immediately.  Mental health isn't something to play around with any more than physical health is.

February 11, 2018, 02:34:19 PMReply #4

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 02:34:19 PM »
So long as you're not having any trouble distinguishing your dreams from reality, I say enjoy the craziness.  The most vivid dream I ever had was when I was 20 and on a big vampire kick, burning through Buffy and Angel with a friend while also reading the first few Anne Rice books, and to this day I have the very clear memory of drinking dry a 4 year old girl and loving every moment of it.  Probably the weirdest dreams I ever had were when I was playing a MUD (a text-based multiplayer RPG) called Aabahran: The Forsaken Lands and I quite literally had dreams that were in text - the best analogy I can give for the experience is the scene in The Matrix where Cypher points at the screens showing matrix code and says "I don't even see the code, just blonde, redhead, brunette..."  In my dreams I saw text, yet it was always immediately translated in my dream-mind as images and events as well, if that makes any sense.
One of my dreams i wrote down and now i might send it to friends and memebers on the fourms. However this dream is realllly violent and also really trippy. From fighting demons with Jon Snow, to enaging in a battle with X-Wings in a Tie Fighter with Inferno Squadron, to getting my eyes burned out by demons and gving Lara Croft CPR.
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

February 19, 2018, 08:21:33 PMReply #5

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 08:21:33 PM »
Alright guys to anyone who wants a interesting story/dream I will send it to you if your on the discord. Otherwise I need to find another way
The reason I cant post it here is the language is a little extreme and I do not want to piss off Corey.

Note: The word files has been split into part 1-2 do to corruption problems
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 08:26:30 PM by Illidan Stormrage »
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!