Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Maldrood fleet disappears (2.2)  (Read 1480 times)

January 12, 2018, 06:46:54 PM

Offline Keran

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Maldrood fleet disappears (2.2)
« on: January 12, 2018, 06:46:54 PM »
I was recently playing the 2.2 as Maldrood and I managed to catch Zsinj pretty much alone over Garos IV (not my planet) and came arcoss what might be a bug or a feature but I wasn't sure so I wanted to ask.

I went in with 10 ISD2s, 8 Gladiators, 2 patrol ships, 2 Crimson Victory ISDs, 4 artiquens, Teradoc and the guy from the Antimeridian Sector, and the bigger ISD (than ISD2; sorry I can't recall the name you get). Didn't lose anyone but when it was over and I killed him my entire fleet disappeared. I know this advanced the game as the Imperial Remnant split off but was it intentional for the entire fleet to disappear? I've still got my full unit cap too so this is odd.

January 13, 2018, 01:13:12 AMReply #1

Offline Keran

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Maldrood fleet disappears (2.2)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 01:13:12 AM »
(Sorry this is in the wrong forum)

Did more testing and I took a smaller fleet (barely won, whew that SSD doesn't mess around) to kill him. After I won the entire fleet disappeared again. The planet was prevously NR occuiped with Zsinj in orbit. It defected to Imperial Remnant  with no sign of my surviving ships.

I can't be sure if this because I killed him and the era advanced or because I killed him in orbit over a planet that flipped allegiances. Heroes I lost previously but that stayed behind this time were still on the map so I don't think  it's related to era advancement but I can't be sure. Also unsure if it subtracted my fleet cap from what went "missing" though I'm guessing it did (though thankfully it's not the 70+ stack of them)

(Also, I love the Gladiators with their two bomber squadrons)

January 13, 2018, 01:15:09 AMReply #2

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 01:15:09 AM »
That's basically how it's expected to work in the demo. We've done some additional scripting to save the units in the full version, however.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 13, 2018, 12:00:48 PMReply #3

Offline Keran

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 12:00:48 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply! Good to know.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!